The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• LNHC Barber Shoppe (12)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (8)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
Burning through the soap at a frantic rate. Don't feel I've made the perfect lather with it yet. Didn't chase BBS and got a very nice shave. Monday looms - bummer.

I'm in the mood for Leonard Cohen this morning. He's one of my favorite artists.

And lest you think I am irreligious:
Perhaps Mr Cohen's most covered and influential song. If you like this, check out KD Lang's version - it is a beautiful homage. It is significant, I think, that no covered version deviated whatsoever from the original tune - it is beautifully covered by a host of musicians, male and female.

Last edited:
  • Shannon's Soaps Lavendar Lemongrass (1)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (1)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
New soap, new blade, good shave! My wife's asthma with its bronchospasms preclude me from using scented AS, so I packed up my good-smelling ones and shipped them off.

• Shannon's Soaps Lavendar Lemongrass (2)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (2)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
I'd nearly forgotten how good Shannon's Soaps are. Lathers easily, cushion and glide are there. Love the smell of the mostly lemon-flavored soap. I smell clean and lemony fresh!

I wonder if the fleeting nature of a Koloniya would allow you some post shave scent without bothering your wife’s allergies? 🤔

I wonder if the fleeting nature of a Koloniya would allow you some post shave scent without bothering your wife’s allergies? 🤔

It would depend how soon after application we bumped into each other!
That's something she can't help, asthma with its bronchospasms aren't just an inconvenience, it's a very serious health issue. I would avoid anything that causes her problems.

Back