The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Shannon's Soaps Lavendar Lemongrass (5)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (5)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
Enjoying the Shannon soap a great deal. If you haven't yet tried her products, you are really missing out. I only use premium quality soaps and AS, and Shannon's products have a permanent place in my den. Enjoy your shaves, Cadre!

Name something that doesn't pass the Graybeard minimum standard.
Well, the obvious choice would be Williams soap, but that's too easy. Other soaps I won't buy again are Declaration Grooming, WSP, or Mike's Natural Soaps, which are good soaps, but not good enough. For AS, Fine's lack of skin food eliminates them, despite the fact that they smell good.

• Shannon's Soaps Lavendar Lemongrass (6)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (6)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
Love the scent of this soap. It is primarily rose, with lavender underneath. But the best thing about this soap is how easily excellent lather can be whipped up. Give yourself a treat and get some. Shannon's Soaps are elite in my book. :)

• Shannon's Soaps Lavender Lemongrass (7)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (7)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
A stellar shave from this setup. The lemon-scented soap smells delicious.

My musical tastes aren't as broad @MarkB , but I enjoy it nonetheless. I tend to favor singer-songwriters, such as Dylan, J Browne, John Hiatt, John Prine, Nanci Griffith, etc. Here are a couple classics from Jackson Browne:

Hope you enjoy them.

• Shannon's Soaps Lavender Lemongrass (9)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (9)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
Great shave this morning. It's been a couple weeks since I stopped chasing the elusive BBS. The irony is the last couple of weeks I've enjoyed some of the best shaves ever. Zero or near-zero irritation, and DFS+/BBS has become the norm. Funny how that has worked out. :)

Back