The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

The weather headline for our area is: Slow moving system will likely last until Wednesday afternoon
Nothing sticking on the pavement or sidewalks yet, but the grass has a nice coating. Hopefully, it'll pass without too much accumulation.

Ok, which one of the neighbors sent this our way?

View attachment 41486

Blame me - I sent the cold weather packing. Must have entered the wrong coordinates, I tried sending to @BarberDave !

• LNHC Dunnottar (3)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (6)
  • LNHC Barber Shoppe Elixir
Decent shave today, but I used too much water in the lather so it was a little thin and wet, but it worked nonetheless.

Hopefully, the Steelers-Ravens game will be played this afternoon. Old-fashioned football weather, but it should be a non-factor for both teams.

Last edited:
Decent shave today, but I used too much water in the lather so it was a little thin and wet, but it worked nonetheless.
That's ok. Takes us all a while to figure it out when we're new to this...

Hopefully, the Steelers-Ravens game will be played this afternoon.
Wednesday Night Football? Is this yet another 2020 thing?

• LNHC Dunnottar (4)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (7)
  • WSP Fresh Vetiver
Loving this combo of gear and software. Made a better lather today with less water, but it still wasn't quite perfect. Getting there. The first lather I had with this tub was ideal, but others have been off the mark.

The Steelers' game was tough to watch - they just didn't play well. Oh well, a win is a win. Have a great day, Cadre!

• LNHC Dunnottar (5)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (8)
  • LNHC Barber Shoppe elixir
Nice shave today with an improved lather. Whipped it up with a damp brush till it was "snotty", as @BarberDave and @CBLindsay describe it. Added a little water to the bowl and set to work. Excellent soap. The post shave elixir is very soothing, and yes, @dangerousdon , I smell good!

• LNHC Dunnottar (6)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (9)
  • WSP Fresh Vetiver splash
Good shave today. I think I've finally nailed the lather. We'll see if I can replicate it tomorrow. No good football till tomorrow, though the Cleveland/Tennessee game could be interesting. I'll probably hope for the Titans, though perhaps I should root for the Browns, even though they are in the same division. In fact, I really don't think it'll matter, if the Steelers stay strong. We shall see.

Back