The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• MSB4 (25)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (8)
  • WSP Fresh Vetiver
Finished off the work week with a good shave. I'm cleanshaven and ready to go...
...on vacation next week. Yes, I have next week off and I intend to enjoy the free time. Have a great day, Cadre!

• MSB4 (27)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (10)
  • WSP Fresh Vetiver
Last shave for this blade. It did well, but was a little tuggy. I don't like tuggy.
Good call. I can't speak to those single edge blades, but with DEs, they're too cheap to stay with a blade when it's clearly lost its mojo. Bin it and move along. [emoji106]

Good call. I can't speak to those single edge blades, but with DEs, they're too cheap to stay with a blade when it's clearly lost its mojo. Bin it and move along. [emoji106]
SE blades are thicker, and last longer than DE. I've tried to push them beyond 10 shaves, but have regretted it in the past. Some people get 15 shaves out of them, but I can't.
The blade will tell you when it's done, don't argue with it or it will hurt you. ;)
Oh, I don't argue. The irritation from dull blades isn't worth it.

Back