The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• MSB4 (30)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (3)
  • LNHC Barber Shoppe Elixir
No AS today. We all piled into our cars and went to the cellular provider to switch our service from one to another, and upgrade a couple phones. Well...2.5 painful hours later we walked out of there, mission accomplished. All in all, it was time well spent. Was hoping for an Auburn upset today, but no chance.

• MSB4 (30)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (3)
No AS today. We all piled into our cars and went to the cellular provider to switch our service from one to another, and upgrade a couple phones. Well...2.5 painful hours later we walked out of there, mission accomplished. All in all, it was time well spent. Was hoping for an Auburn upset today, but no chance.
It’s so weird how long the whole ridiculous process takes. You walk out feeling like you do when you buy a car...tired and harassed 😂

You walk out feeling like you do when you buy a car...tired and harassed
We weren't given the hard sell on anything; it took so long because the provider we left wasn't especially helpful. We were in our new provider's store. We got it all done, so all is well.

11/29/20
  • MSB4 (31)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (4)
Last night was the last use of the soap - it's broken up into little pieces, so I retired it from service and now will be the first ingredient for MSB5. Will shave later today with a new soap.

• LNHC Dunnottar (1)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
1606773217780.png
This is not the newest formula from Lisa's. That will be my next soap, for comparison. The Dunnottar delivered just the way I remember @LNHC 's soaps over the last couple of years since I've been using Lisa's soaps: super rich and creamy lather, exceptional cushion, and superior post shave feel. I'm definitely going to enjoy using this tub. And if the newest formula is an improvement, holy cow!

• LNHC Dunnottar (1)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
View attachment 41385
This is not the newest formula from Lisa's. That will be my next soap, for comparison. The Dunnottar delivered just the way I remember @LNHC 's soaps over the last couple of years since I've been using Lisa's soaps: super rich and creamy lather, exceptional cushion, and superior post shave feel. I'm definitely going to enjoy using this tub. And if the newest formula is an improvement, holy cow!
But...do you smell good Bruce?

We weren't given the hard sell on anything; it took so long because the provider we left wasn't especially helpful. We were in our new provider's store. We got it all done, so all is well.
I’ve only switched providers twice in the last 10 years, from Att to TMobile, then back to Att. Both times the issues that drug the process out were caused by the provider we were leaving.

• LNHC Dunnottar (2)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (5)
Decent shave, but a little irritation on my upper lip region from overly aggressive buffing. No problem, the AS elixir will take care of it.

I see the Ravens are still running scared from the Steelers. Interestingly, this additional one day delay allows the Ravens to play a couple of running backs ineligible to play tonight. Not a bad break for a 3rd place team. The delay accommodates the Ravens, but what of next week? Steelers will play Wednesday, then five days later on Monday night (I have no such concerns for the Ravens...).

Back