The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2nd Annual February "One Blade" Challenge!

Copied from my journal:

Second shave on the Derby Premium and it’s business as usual. I really like this blade and will probably end up grabbing more at some point.

The Yuma/DP combo makes for a very smooth shave, but as I noted in the Feb. Blade Challenge thread, it might be just a bit too mild for me. I guess a few more shaves will give me a better idea.

I'm not really needing any more blades, so I didn't sign up, but I will play along with my GEM Personna. I had my first shave with a new one in my GEM push button. I was a little lazy on my stretching and got a couple weepers, nothing that the alum couldn't seal up though.

Shave 18/OBF 1 2.1.20
20200203_040749.jpg

Shave 19/OBF 2 2.3.20
20200203_040925.jpg

Had a busy weekend but I did get my first shave for One Blade February in on Saturday, but it ended up being a shower shave due to time. Got my second shave in today before work. Still working through the CBL Tonsorial too.

Shave #2, Feb. 3

Grooming Dept Eucalyptus and Mint Preshave
Paladin Cleo
L&L Grooming - Chatillon Lux Champs de Lavande
Gillette RFB
Wilkinson Light Brigade blade (2)
Forgot the aftershave this morning, but skin is feeling good despite the omission.

Shave number three on the Treet Black today and it is smooth sailing. The blade is working well on my face. I gave each face of the blade 5 laps on a towel and 10 laps on my palm for stropping. Hopefully I can keep it shaving well for for a while before I have to resort to my DE hones.

Shave 3. Not even taking it easy on this blade. All shaves have been 3 passes plus touchup. So nice and smooth. Looking forward to the rest of these shaves!
I know for me, just the fact that I’m using the Yuma requires at least 3 passes! This may have just won itself the prized position as my travel razor with how mild it is.

I know for me, just the fact that I’m using the Yuma requires at least 3 passes! This may have just won itself the prized position as my travel razor with how mild it is.
It’s been my go-to razor pretty much ever since I got it, back in March of last year. I love it. And every razor I use gets 3 passes +, so it has nothing to do with the mildness of the razor.

I know I wasn't officially in, but I'm trying it to see what I can squeeze out of the Wizamet. 6 shaves so far in the 6S plate 5. Not too bad yet. Noticed a couple weepers on shave 5, but only one small one on shave 6. Starting to tug a little, but I'll keep going with it for a few more at least.

It’s been my go-to razor pretty much ever since I got it, back in March of last year. I love it. And every razor I use gets 3 passes +, so it has nothing to do with the mildness of the razor.
Lately I’ve been down to 2 passes. But I have to admit the Yuma is smooth!

Three nights straight with my Guard, and it is holding up well. Like I said before, it has lasted me over two weeks before and so I am not expecting any lack of performance just yet. I been keeping the strategy of using my slick soaps and going with two passes. right now the two passes are still getting me something pass DFS and not quite BBS. Tonight I put the cartridge on a different handle just for fun and used my GD Maleki soap.

DSC03063.JPG

Shave #3

Razor: Yuma
Blade: Derby Premium
Brush: Stirling synthetic
Soap: CBL Oud Minerale
AS: Clubman

Third shave on the Derby and another 3 passer with the Yuma. Still comfortable and overall a nice shave. This is a good combo, but boredom may change the razor after a while.

Back