The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2nd Annual February "One Blade" Challenge!

No pic, but Shave #1 was

Grooming Dept Eucalyptus and Mint Preshave
Paladin Cleo
Dragonsbeard/Oleo Soap
Gillette RFB
Wilkinson Light Brigade blade (1)
No AS (None needed!)

A few weepers under the chin, but otherwise a very nice shave!

First shave tonight. I decided to use the newest soap in my collection because of the shaving qualities and face feel. I also decided to not exceed two passes and not to try for a BBS just to make the blade last the entire month. I have some other tricks to use as the blade starts to tug. I know it has lasted me more than two weeks before and so I am shooting for the month (and the 30 days).

wk.JPG

No pic, but Shave #1 was

Grooming Dept Eucalyptus and Mint Preshave
Paladin Cleo
Dragonsbeard/Oleo Soap
Gillette RFB
Wilkinson Light Brigade blade (1)
No AS (None needed!)

A few weepers under the chin, but otherwise a very nice shave!
Where's the challenge using that blade 😜 I hear amazing things about them 👍

No pictures yet gentlemen but I have gotten 21 days on the same DE blade in the past. A full month will be a challenge as I shave 6-7 days a week so I will try my blades in a large gap or adjustable in the hope that a 2+ pass will be only 1+ pass. So far managed a single pass with touch ups using the WR2 145 with a credit card shim which is kinda my limit in a daily driver. Perhaps I will try a wide open adjustable in 2 weeks to make the DE blade last.

Shave 2 with the Tech/Feather combo. Feather is still hyper-sharp. Trying to re-find the angle consistently for the Tech, guess it’s been too long; shaves are good, I just know they could be better/closer.

Shave 1 is in the books. Same as any shave with a new 7 o'clock Black... A great shave. Used the GC 68, along with Stirling Barbershop and Stirling unscented AS splash.

All around good shave, as expected. I typically do 4 shaves on my blades, with (I believe) 7 shaves as a max. This will, therefore be an attempt to push it double what I have done in the past.

Not much done to the blade other than removing it and wiping it down. I did flip it over. I think I'll try that as well to see if it helps. Also considering hand stropping in the future. We'll see if it is needed.
9f25e86c6ef0fedc8ba9bd5ad654fba1.jpg

Back