The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2nd Annual February "One Blade" Challenge!

1. Spider – BX/PX Personna Blade (Israeli) - Yuma Razor (will use for duration)
2. Dave in KY - Wizamet and I'll start with my Yuma too but may switch it up
3. JWS VII - Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (Yellow) - Timeless .68 SB
4. Uacowboy - Shark Super Stainless in my New SC
5. AJSharp - Personna Red (Israeli) - Wolfman Ti WR2 145
6. DeepSea - Exchange Branded Israeli Personna - Yates 921-hybrid plate
7. dkeester - Treet Black Carbon - Parker Variant
8. GearNoir - Feather - probably start with a Canadian Pre-war Tech and may swap to GC .68 later in the month
9. MaineYooper - Battle Brothers Shaving Co blade - Christopher Bradley brass Karve, plates A, B, & C
10. Majorrich - Gillette 7’oclock Super Stainless (Black) I’ll probably start with a Post War Tech, then try some randoms
11. Jellodancer- Feather Professional Super blade - Feather Artist Club SS.
12. Lbkindy - Supply Provisions - Chinese Schick blade
13. SteveChuckFrank - Derby Premium - Yuma Razor to start, but I’ll probably switch at some point
14. Shavin’ Yeti - Gillette Nacet - Rockwell 6S
15. gvw755 - Gillette Guard cartridge and razor
16. bobmsp - Wilkinson “The Blade” - New Deluxe or RFB
17. Mrdoug - Gillette 7 o'clock Black and Gamechanger 68
18. Jaro1069 - voskhod with muhle r89 or bevel head on gillette handle
19. FarmerTan - Blade to be determined ?? @FarmerTan

2. Dave in KY - Wizamet and I'll start with my Yuma too but may switch it up
3. JWS VII - Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (Yellow) - Timeless .68 SB
4. Uacowboy - Shark Super Stainless in my New SC
5. AJSharp - Personna Red (Israeli) - Wolfman Ti WR2 145
6. DeepSea - Exchange Branded Israeli Personna - Yates 921-hybrid plate
7. dkeester - Treet Black Carbon - Parker Variant
8. GearNoir - Feather - probably start with a Canadian Pre-war Tech and may swap to GC .68 later in the month
9. MaineYooper - Battle Brothers Shaving Co blade - Christopher Bradley brass Karve, plates A, B, & C
10. Majorrich - Gillette 7’oclock Super Stainless (Black) I’ll probably start with a Post War Tech, then try some randoms
11. Jellodancer- Feather Professional Super blade - Feather Artist Club SS.
12. Lbkindy - Supply Provisions - Chinese Schick blade
13. SteveChuckFrank - Derby Premium - Yuma Razor to start, but I’ll probably switch at some point
14. Shavin’ Yeti - Gillette Nacet - Rockwell 6S
15. gvw755 - Gillette Guard cartridge and razor
16. bobmsp - Wilkinson “The Blade” - New Deluxe or RFB
17. Mrdoug - Gillette 7 o'clock Black and Gamechanger 68
18. Jaro1069 - voskhod with muhle r89 or bevel head on gillette handle
19. FarmerTan - Blade to be determined ?? @FarmerTan
20. HMan - Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow / Gibbs Adjustable

Note: If I use another razor I'll have to use a different blade, but will stick to another Yellow and use the same one for all other razor shaves. Is that OK @Spider?

Updated list as I decided to bow out because..........reasons. Carry on folks

2. JWS VII - Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (Yellow) - Timeless .68 SB
3. Uacowboy - Shark Super Stainless in my New SC
4. AJSharp - Personna Red (Israeli) - Wolfman Ti WR2 145
5. DeepSea - Exchange Branded Israeli Personna - Yates 921-hybrid plate
6. dkeester - Treet Black Carbon - Parker Variant
7. GearNoir - Feather - probably start with a Canadian Pre-war Tech and may swap to GC .68 later in the month
8. MaineYooper - Battle Brothers Shaving Co blade - Christopher Bradley brass Karve, plates A, B, & C
9. Majorrich - Gillette 7’oclock Super Stainless (Black) I’ll probably start with a Post War Tech, then try some randoms
10. Jellodancer- Feather Professional Super blade - Feather Artist Club SS.
11. Lbkindy - Supply Provisions - Chinese Schick blade
12. SteveChuckFrank - Derby Premium - Yuma Razor to start, but I’ll probably switch at some point
13. Shavin’ Yeti - Gillette Nacet - Rockwell 6S
14. gvw755 - Gillette Guard cartridge and razor
15. bobmsp - Wilkinson “The Blade” - New Deluxe or RFB
16. Mrdoug - Gillette 7 o'clock Black and Gamechanger 68
17. Jaro1069 - voskhod with muhle r89 or bevel head on gillette handle
18. FarmerTan - Blade to be determined ?? @FarmerTan
19. HMan - Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow / Gibbs Adjustable

Note: If I use another razor I'll have to use a different blade, but will stick to another Yellow and use the same one for all other razor shaves. Is that OK @Spider?

If I use another razor I'll have to use a different blade, but will stick to another Yellow and use the same one for all other razor shaves. Is that OK @Spider?
Why is that? You can still use your modded blade in a different razor right? I took my modded blade and put it into my Rockwell, with no problems. There is no problem with using a different blade, if your current one gives out on you. But if you move to a second blade, you're out of the second part of the PIF.

Why is that? You can still use your modded blade in a different razor right? I took my modded blade and put it into my Rockwell, with no problems. There is no problem with using a different blade, if your current one gives out on you. But if you move to a second blade, you're out of the second part of the PIF.
Vintage Gillettes have a lot of overhang and the clipped notches are total skin catchers, not worth the risk IMO.

If it's an issue, no prob I'll just sit this out.

After shave 14 today and as rough as it was I decided that KJ and will have to agree to disagree about this topic. I was doing it to support him but he's got plenty now 😎
You can always change blades when it gets that bad though right?

It's an experiment I've wanted to try, so this seemed like as good a time as any, but that's if I fall within the rules. I'm going to be using my normal razor rotation no matter. Anyway it's not about winning anything, living where I do, I never even consider that part of the 'contests'.

If it's an issue, no prob I'll just sit this out.
It's not an issue for participation and to be entered into the first part of the PIF.

After shave 14 today and as rough as it was I decided that KJ and will have to agree to disagree about this topic. I was doing it to support him but he's got plenty now 😎
You can change blades if they get too rough.... it's all pretty clear in the rules, right?

You can always change blades when it gets that bad though right?

It's an experiment I've wanted to try, so this seemed like as good a time as any, but that's if I fall within the rules. I'm going to be using my normal razor rotation no matter. Anyway it's not about winning anything, living where I do, I never even consider that part of the 'contests'.
It's not an issue for participation and to be entered into the first part of the PIF.

You can change blades if they get too rough.... it's all pretty clear in the rules, right?
Yep, I understand the rules. Did it last year and other times in the old neighborhood. Anyone that hasn't done it should attempt it for their own knowledge. The goal though is to stretch them as long as you can. I know how long blades last for me as I've done this plenty of times officially and unofficially. Always get the same results so sticking with what works and feels good to me for my shaves. That's not what this event is for so since you have plenty of participants I bowed out. Best wishes for all involved (y)

2. JWS VII - Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (Yellow) - Timeless .68 SB
3. Uacowboy - Shark Super Stainless in my New SC
4. AJSharp - Personna Red (Israeli) - Wolfman Ti WR2 145
5. DeepSea - Exchange Branded Israeli Personna - Yates 921-hybrid plate
6. dkeester - Treet Black Carbon - Parker Variant
7. GearNoir - Feather - probably start with a Canadian Pre-war Tech and may swap to GC .68 later in the month
8. MaineYooper - Battle Brothers Shaving Co blade - Christopher Bradley brass Karve, plates A, B, & C
9. Majorrich - Gillette 7’oclock Super Stainless (Black) I’ll probably start with a Post War Tech, then try some randoms
10. Jellodancer- Feather Professional Super blade - Feather Artist Club SS.
11. Lbkindy - Supply Provisions - Chinese Schick blade
12. SteveChuckFrank - Derby Premium - Yuma Razor to start, but I’ll probably switch at some point
13. Shavin’ Yeti - Gillette Nacet - Rockwell 6S
14. gvw755 - Gillette Guard cartridge and razor
15. bobmsp - Wilkinson “The Blade” - New Deluxe or RFB
16. Mrdoug - Gillette 7 o'clock Black and Gamechanger 68
17. Jaro1069 - voskhod with muhle r89 or bevel head on gillette handle
18. FarmerTan - Rockwell blade / Gillette Tech
19. HMan - Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow / Gibbs Adjustable

Back