The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022-2023 Football Season

I would have bet real money after TCU lost that both OSU and Alabama would be voted in
giphy.gif

Bowl selections have been made. How does everyone feel about their matchup (other than feeling you should have been on the playoff)?

FSU is playing against a 6 loss Oklahoma team at the Cheez-It Bowl. On paper, FSU is the favorite, but you can never count out Oklahoma.

Actually, in all honesty I think Alabama was ranked much higher than they deserved. I'm not expecting to see Bryce Young in the Kansas State game so it's hard to say how it will go as he was the main reason we won as many games as we did this year.

Here's hoping Bill O'Brian and Pete Golding will NOT be around next year.

Bowl selections have been made. How does everyone feel about their matchup (other than feeling you should have been on the playoff)?

FSU is playing against a 6 loss Oklahoma team at the Cheez-It Bowl. On paper, FSU is the favorite, but you can never count out Oklahoma.

My PSU team is going against Chad’s Utah team…….this could be a disaster - so I am keeping my trash talk limited to the Army - Navy game 😂

PSU will take him back to replace the classless schmuck we have as a head coach……do you have $65 million lying around so we can do a buy-out (PSU isn’t known for their business school) 😂
Surely your business school is better than Nebraska's though. If they would have just waited 20 days to can Frost, they would have saved $7.5 million.

LSU in the Citrus Bowl. To be perfectly honest...I think that is where they belong. And playing Perdue should be a good game. I was hopeful to get into a NY6 bowl...but losing the last two games, obviously that wasn't going to happen. But this was a really good season for LSU despite having only about 40 scholarship players in the off season. LSU has done well over the last 20 years based off of mostly talent. It is really nice to see what a good coach can do. Here is hoping that next year we have talent and great coaching!

SOTD: 12/09/2022

1670592633438.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword, 1st use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Storm Two Band Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Heritage Hill Shave Company John Paul Jones Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements High Jump ‘47 Aftershave
Balm: Central Texas Soaps Ginger & Lemon Lotion
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Ginger’s Garden Boat House Row EdC

A tribute shave for my military brothers across the field. Tomorrow we will be gentlemanly adversaries for a couple hours - but know that I love you and respect so much what your branch does to keep our nation safe and protect our freedoms. You guys rock.

I love the camaraderie of tomorrow’s game - and the tradition.

OK, enough of the sensitive, ponytail man stuff. Here’s hoping that I keep the $1 in my wallet - the gentleman’s bet tradition that started when I was an ROTC cadet and my roommate‘s father was a Naval Aviator. Thank goodness no matter who wins - we’ll use the postal service - and we won’t have to meet at the 2nd Street Subway stop in our Dress Blues (because I am sure I won’t fit in mine 😂) - because nothing sucks more than singing your opponent’s Alma Mater Song In front of a bunch of strangers at a Philly subway stop.

Here’s to my branch running ragged all over you guys in the greatest city in the world - and for the Army singing 2nd! Go ARMY beat Navy!

1670593201248.png

Back