The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022-2023 Football Season

Rule was enforced as it is written. But pretty much all agreed that was not intent of that rule. Expect a rule clarification during off season and a new case study play.
It's interesting to know that their is actual discussion of rules like these. Between Division I and Division II football games being played, each week, I imagine every single rule gets tested out eventually. Thanks for checking in!

I think what you are asking - is for the TSC to provide a list of grievances to how PSU, the greatest team to ever play football, has been screwed out of a rightful championship. Well I am here to answer your call to arms.

1. 1968 - PSU undefeated; Ohio State given national championship as part of a charity drive.
2. 1969 - PSU undefeated; Texas too scared to play PSU in a bowl, Richard Nixon declares Texas National Championship; Nixon was then impeached. Just sayin’
3. 1981 - PSU crushes Marcus Allen and USC in the Fiesta Bowl, gets zero respect and the national championship is awarded to Clemson. Years later - Clemson is punished by the football deities by allowing Notre Dame to drub them in 2022.
***Interim Note: 1982, Penn State smashed Hershel Walker and Georgia in the Sugar Bowl - gets national title. Not a screwup - just like writing that Penn State beat an SEC team. Handily. Hershel cried. A lot. I mean rivers of tears.
4. 1994 - Penn State goes undefeated. Plucks the feathers of the Oregon Ducks in the Rose Bowl. Nebraska steals the National Championship. Karma comes back to haunt them - cursing them to the worst team in the Big 10.
At least Penn State isn't trying to claim some bogus National Championships from the early 1900s like Alabama Does. 🤪

At least Penn State isn't trying to claim some bogus National Championships from the early 1900s like Alabama Does. 🤪
giphy.gif

With only a few weeks left in the regular season of college football, you would think that there would be more ranked vs. ranked games. Doesn't look like it. But there are still some good games to be watched. The Ranked vs. Ranked first...

#9 Alabama @ #11 Ole Miss - Alabama lost last week to my LSU Tigers. Ole Miss is a one loss team that can make it to the SEC Championship if LSU stumbles. Will Alabama rise to the occasion or will this be a let down game after last week?

#22 UCF @ #17 Tulane - When was the last time Tulane was in any conversation? It was 1998 when Tulane had a 12 win undefeated season. This isn't that year, but the Green Wave has only one loss. Gus Malzahn seems to be doing better at UCF than his final days at Auburn. This game will likely decide which team goes to a New Year Day Six Bowl.

#25 Washington @ #6 Oregon - After the drumming that Georgia put on the Ducks at the beginning of the year, did anyone expect them to play this good? Also, Bo Nix is playing his best football.

#4 TCU @ #18 Texas - The odds makers have Texas winning this game. But how can you bet against and Undefeated TCU at this point?

That is all of the ranked vs. ranked teams for this weekend. Here are some games that I think are interesting...

#20 Notre Dame @ Navy - This is an annual game that ND doesn't always win. It is always fun watching Ken Va'a Niumatalolo's Triple Option attack against more traditional style football teams.

#7 LSU @ Arkansas - Of course I am putting this game on here. But there are genuine concerns that after the big emotional win last week after Alabama that this is a trap game.

Appalachian State @ Marshall - if you are a fan college football...this should be a great game. Each team has played spoiler this year and it is just fun to watch them.

There is a lot more on the slate this week...but these are some of the notables. What are you watching this week?

Games are about to begin. A little pre-game cocktail before my LSU Tigers start. Whiskey and Coffee…oh my!

CDDCF557-0E44-4F62-90C3-D4DD8D457E18.jpeg

Back