The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

@TobyC @MarkB : Couple stories about this song.

In my late high school/early college band we played a gig @ MCAS Tustin for enlisted men. There was a guy dancing real showy, the kind of guy who, while dancing turned his cigarette around in his mouth; cherry outside, did a thing with his tongue, cherry in his mouth, repeat. Had the whole band cracking up and trying to figure how he was not burning himself. So, this guy kept asking for the song, In the Garden of Eden. We had no idea what he was asking for, but he kept trying to make himself clear after consuming copious amounts of beer. Finally, we were going for a break and played In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. He went nuts!! That was what he wanted to hear but he didn't have the name right. So, he was our best friend after that for the rest of the night.

Next story, I'm on the table sideways with a IV in my arm for my first colonoscopy. :oops: The doctor tells me that he and his wife were visiting garage sales the previous weekend, and he bought something he figured I might enjoy. He puts on the CD and the song starts playing. I said Doc, that song's over 17 minutes long (too many times sitting at my stereo figuring out guitar parts!). He told me, that's right. I'll be finished by the time the songs over. Meanwhile, I'm in twilight. You know the feeling, right? ;)

My favorite memory of this song:

I was at the Chesapeake Jubilee (smaller version of a State Fair), watching this great singer/songwriter/cover artist. He was playing a nice collection of fun songs. About a hundred yards behind the stage was a landing area for helicopter tours they were giving that day. Well, in the middle of his set, between songs, the helicopter was coming in for a landing. He started playing the Part 1 outro riff as the chopper got closer and closer, and I cheered my head off. Most of the yokels thought I had lost my mind, but he pointed to me from the stage in thanks when he was finished, haha.

this one is another Covid 19 era made video and song ... Its great that some are starting to get back going in the business of music even with social distancing from their own bandmates !!!

There are so many great songs I want to share with you guys. This one is from the most... interesting... artist of the bunch. Don't be alarmed by the image, but if you can get into the groove of the song, I think you will have as much fun with it as I do. My youngest son (just turned 18, wow!) is a young gay musician, so this artist has become a queer role model for him, and for his dad too!

S FPTPORQ SOP

Back