The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

Don't know why this just popped into my head suddenly but, say what you will about pop & country music, THIS was one of the greatest moments in live music I've ever seen. EVERYTHING went right during this performance..

Mark I have listened to this clip 10 times today!!! Damn!

Thought some of you "oldies" / Motown lovers would enjoy this.

The FUNK BROTHERS!
What an amazing group of musicians that made the "Motown Sound"!
(...and the writing of the likes of Holland-Dozier-Holland and Ashford-Simpson!)
Those Funk Brother cats played EVERY NIGHT somewhere in the Detroit area! They were all highly notworthy jazz musicians that also played blues and the R&B styles that would become the signature Motown sound!
There's a great documentary entitled "Standing In The Shadows of Motown" that does a nice job bringing to loght the incredible contributions of the Funk Brothers! It is ABSOLUTELY worth Watching!

The FUNK BROTHERS!
What an amazing group of musicians that made the "Motown Sound"!
(...and the writing of the likes of Holland-Dozier-Holland and Ashford-Simpson!)
Those Funk Brother cats played EVERY NIGHT somewhere in the Detroit area! They were all highly notworthy jazz musicians that also played blues and the R&B styles that would become the signature Motown sound!
There's a great documentary entitled "Standing In The Shadows of Motown" that does a nice job bringing to loght the incredible contributions of the Funk Brothers! It is ABSOLUTELY worth Watching!
Brother, I HAVE that! I've watched it more times than I can remember! LOL!

Younger band with Howard Jones from Killswitch Engage. The kid's not bad but Howard definitely delivers. Catchy tune too.

Back