The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

Since we're on an international music kick here, thought I'd post up a song from one of my favorite bands. First heard these guys on one of the late shows back in the early 90's. Can't remember if it was on Carson or Letterman... Regardless, these guys blew me away! Have been listening to them ever since.

Have a mix of music playing at work which people refer to by various names; New Retro Wave, Synth Pop, Retro Synth, NeoSynth... Whatever you want to call it, it's pure nostalgia for someone like me whose musical development was in the late 70's and throughout the 80's.. The music is keyboard heavy, using many of the synthesizers from that era (or soft-synths for you home recording types).

I refer to it as soundtrack music to 80's movies that never existed..

More:

Two of my High School Buddy's Bands

"The Real Tuesday Weld"

"Super J Lounge"

Hank Mobley "My Groove Your Move"
From the 1960 album Roll Call on Blue Note Records

How's THIS for a line up?:
Hank Mobley - Tenor Saxophone & Composer
Freddie Hubbard - Trumpet
Wynton Kelly - Piano
Paul Chambers - Bass
Art Blakey - Drums
Alfred Lion - Producer
Rudy Van Gelder - Recording Engineer

Hank Mobley "My Groove Your Move"
From the 1960 album Roll Call on Blue Note Records

How's THIS for a line up?:
Hank Mobley - Tenor Saxophone & Composer
Freddie Hubbard - Trumpet
Wynton Kelly - Piano
Paul Chambers - Bass
Art Blakey - Drums
Alfred Lion - Producer
Rudy Van Gelder - Recording Engineer

Didn't even know I needed that this morning until I listened. That was great.

I couldn't help thinking of 'Fever' with that one part of the riff. That's what I'm now listening to. Down the rabbit hole I go. [emoji846]

Back