The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

I made a mistake tonight. My son wanted a burger from this place in town that makes them over 70 different ways. He isn't big enough for a full one (they come in 7oz or 11oz). I told him that I would split one with him. I really should have asked him which one first. He picked a Monte Cristo Donut Burger. Ham, turkey and cheese served on the burger with donuts for the bread. Oh, and with a side of raspberry preserves. That thing was way too sweet for me. I won't be having it again. My wife's mac and cheese burger was good though.

Dinner at Zelda’s on the Deck, Pleasure Point, CA.

She had Coppino and champagne, I had a nice hearty clam chowder bread bowl and a Coke (cheap date lol).

I ain't gonna lie...that clam chowder looks amazing! Of all the seafood we have here in Louisiana...we don't really have clams and they certainly don't make chowder here. I miss me a good clam chowder!

So fried green tomatoes. You eat them just like that? With ranch? Ketchup?

So fried green tomatoes. You eat them just like that? With ranch? Ketchup?
Ketchup is my favorite way but if they are fried right then they are good to go with just a tad bit of salt and pepper

Yep, as I take them out of the oil and put on plate to drain I salt lightly and that's how i eat them. Don't do as often as I'd like trying to be good but I LOVE em just like that. If anything else a tad of Ranch but prefer them plain.

So let me get this right...you cover up the taste of the tomato with...tomato ketchup?

Fried Green Tomato dont taste like the red ripe tomato
Forget it TJ, He's a city boy
1f602.png

A nice home cooked meal after returning from camping.

Steak seasoned with the seasoning from DangerousDon

Baked sweet potato with butter and fresh ground pepper

And we found a fruit stand on way home and grabbed a watermelon and cantelope. Of course had to add Tajin to that.

Can’t get back on track after vacation without doing some grocery shopping first, right?

So post-church, pre-shopping lunch:

Teryaki beef and pan fried noodle plate from Bento Box! Potstickers as appetizer of course!

Back