The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

What kind of cut of meat is that? Actually looks pretty lean.
I bought an eye of round and cut a roast and a few steaks from it. I salted and beat them and let them sit for about an hour, then dropped them in a hot cast iron with butter to sear each side, turned the heat down and let them finish cooking. I actually over cooked them a little for my taste not paying attention. Got a medium cook where I normally like a medium rare.... Not bad otherwise. Flavor was good. Not as tender as a tenderloin, but not so tough you had to work to eat it.

I bought an eye of round and cut a roast and a few steaks from it. I salted and beat them and let them sit for about an hour, then dropped them in a hot cast iron with butter to sear each side, turned the heat down and let them finish cooking. I actually over cooked them a little for my taste not paying attention. Got a medium cook where I normally like a medium rare.... Not bad otherwise. Flavor was good. Not as tender as a tenderloin, but not so tough you had to work to eat it.
You fooled us all but sounds awesome

You definitely fooled me on the cut of meat. I thought the marbling was somewhat lean so figured it was pork. They look great. I've been trying to limit my red meat consumption but when I do have a steak, I try to stick with New York Strip/Shell or Porterhouse or Filet Mignon. I'll also cook up some flank, skirt, flap and hangar steak if I'm going to marinate it. I prefer my meat nice and tender. If it's tough in any way, it kind of ruins it for me. But those look really delicious.

Back