The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

I was looking for something to put on the grill yesterday and as I was checking out the different meats at Shoprite I saw a Hatfield Texas Smokehouse BBQ Pork Loin. I liked the sound of that and decided to grab one. Seared it nicely on the grill and cooked it up on the grill. Wasn't sure what to expect because my experience has been mixed with pre-prepared pre-packaged marinated meat offerings from the supermarket. Well, let me tell you that turned out to be one of the best pork loins I've ever had. My wife said "Hey, this is pretty good!" Translation: I love this. My son scarfed whatever was left when he got home from work. Nothing left. I have another pork loin in the freezer that I intend to thaw out and then I plan on marinating it myself for at least 24 hours. Dying to see what happens as I've never done a pork loin myself before. We've always just thrown in it the slow cooker with some pre-bottled slow cooking sauce. It turns out ok but didn't knock my socks off like the Hatfield did. Sadly, I didn't take any pics again. But this picture that I found on the internet looks almost exactly like mine did when I took it off the grill except mine wasn't as charred.

View attachment 6730

View attachment 6732
My mouth is always watering at your posts here 👍

Dude, I love that pizza. Especially the Wastonville I think. If that's the one with apple.

No apple, I looked it up, I think you mean Corralitos. Pizza My Heart is all surf theme.
Dude, no. Pizza My Heart.
WATSONVILLE APPLE

Green Apple Slices, Pepperoni, Sausage, Green Onions,
Bacon, Gorgonzola & Garlic. No Red Sauce

Dude, no. Pizza My Heart.
WATSONVILLE APPLE

Green Apple Slices, Pepperoni, Sausage, Green Onions,
Bacon, Gorgonzola & Garlic. No Red Sauce
Ohhhh. Haven’t tried that one yet. I’m usually just a sucker for chicken/bacon pizzas. Their crust is soooo good!

Ok. Dessert. My son turned us onto this one. One of his friends from summer camp turned him onto it and I have to agree it's awesome. Affogato. Ice cream with espresso poured over it. Simple and delicious. We don't have an espresso machine so I use the next best thing that I have. A Bialetti Moka Pot. So tonight I brewed up a pot of Medaglia D'Oro in our 6 cup Moka Pot. That made three full shots of coffee for three of us. My son served up a couple scoops of Bryer's Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (Lactose Free for my wife) and then you pour the coffee shot just before digging in. Delicious. Not my picture but it will give you the idea.

image.png

Man there is some good looking stuff in here lately, but I gotta ask... What is it with you folks on the western shore that you can't have a full size serving!?!?!?

I sit here looking at stuff from your fancy restaurants with this little dab of food on the plate (admittedly it looks like absolutely delicious food) while eating 4 cups of chicken stir fried rice for an evening meal.

Just went with 3 1/2 cups of white rice, 1/2 cup of corn, and a large cast iron seared chicken breast tonight, but a plate should look like this guys!

20190731_175854.jpg

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back