The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

I would say I need to start a franchise of that cookie delivery, but I’m sure the amount of time sitting in traffic around here would make it pointless.

Oh baby! I wanna scoop of whatever is in the middle!

That there is the type of stuff I used to love at church potlucks when I was a kid

I was looking for something to put on the grill yesterday and as I was checking out the different meats at Shoprite I saw a Hatfield Texas Smokehouse BBQ Pork Loin. I liked the sound of that and decided to grab one. Seared it nicely on the grill and cooked it up on the grill. Wasn't sure what to expect because my experience has been mixed with pre-prepared pre-packaged marinated meat offerings from the supermarket. Well, let me tell you that turned out to be one of the best pork loins I've ever had. My wife said "Hey, this is pretty good!" Translation: I love this. My son scarfed whatever was left when he got home from work. Nothing left. I have another pork loin in the freezer that I intend to thaw out and then I plan on marinating it myself for at least 24 hours. Dying to see what happens as I've never done a pork loin myself before. We've always just thrown in it the slow cooker with some pre-bottled slow cooking sauce. It turns out ok but didn't knock my socks off like the Hatfield did. Sadly, I didn't take any pics again. But this picture that I found on the internet looks almost exactly like mine did when I took it off the grill except mine wasn't as charred.

1564236239919.jpeg

Image result for hatfield texas smokehouse bbq pork loin

Back