The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

But....... where's the food?!? Why are the portions always so small just to make it "fancy"? I'll take half of one of those banquet salisbury steak meals and put it over about 3 cups of rice for one serving. That's probably 12 full entree's worth in a fancy restaurant. :LOL:

The wife is suffering from some sort of poison ivy or oak or sumac or something. So she was told by her herbalist to go vegan for a few days. I made a dish that is almost vegan. The only thing that isn't is the parmesan cheese. It came out nice, but without any meat seemed to be missing something. It was basically a summer squash pasta salad. But it is eaten hot. First you cook up some garlic in olive oil (doesn't every recipe start with garlic?), then add the summer squash and cook it for about 15 minutes until it gets jammy. Salt to taste. Meanwhile cook up some large tube shaped pasta. Once it is very al dante, you scoop out the pasta and add it to the squash. Add some crushed red pepper or the like and fresh basil, some parmesan cheese and some of the pasta water. Continue to cook until the pasta is al dante and covered by the sauce. Add more parmesan or pasta water as needed. To finish serve in a bowl with more parmesan, red pepper and fresh basil on top. I decided to spice it up a bit for my son and I chopped up some smoked kielbasa and crisped it up in a little oil and sprinkled it on top. He loved it. I forgot to take pictures. I'd make it again.

I found out what Bulleit Bourbon is good for. Bourbon Chicken! Made some from scratch before work and it came out really good! Sorry no pic as i was running last when it was done.

I found out what Bulleit Bourbon is good for. Bourbon Chicken! Made some from scratch before work and it came out really good! Sorry no pic as i was running last when it was done.

Bourbon also goes well with beef. One of the most memorable steaks I had, was a bourbon marinated rib eye.

It's also a good marinade for beef jerky.

Back