The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

20190622_202506.jpg20190622_202931.jpg

Harry D Wilson's hash

My first time making this dish. Also was the first time making a roux, or tasting it. As you can see it's a dark roux.

While I'm glad to have made this recipe. I'm not sure I'm fan of the dark roux flavor profile. After trying a bite. I did a search to find out what the flavor profile of a dark roux is supposed to taste like? I found out it's similar to camp fire coffee. I'd say that is the closest description I can give as well.

I spent the weekend working on my smoker/bbq corner, I’m happy with the results AND I am happy with the various smoked goodies I made this weekend. The pork belly burnt ends have caused a few fights, seems we all want them . Sadly they are gone now. I’ve also made a large batch of cold smoked cheeses and nuts (and green coffee beans...we shall see).

I spent the weekend working on my smoker/bbq corner, I’m happy with the results AND I am happy with the various smoked goodies I made this weekend. The pork belly burnt ends have caused a few fights, seems we all want them . Sadly they are gone now. I’ve also made a large batch of cold smoked cheeses and nuts (and green coffee beans...we shall see).
View attachment 5251
I actually tried roasting over a hardwood fire once but it wasn't smokey enough to impart a noticeable flavor difference

View attachment 5251
You took a weekend to roll 2 items to the corner. I thought I was a slacker on projects 😜 :ROFLMAO:

Back