The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

Dave in KY said:
LOVE shrimp raw or any cooked form !
Raw Shrimp? I’ve never heard of anyone eating raw shrimp. I thought that was one of those things that had to be cooked.

Raw Shrimp? I’ve never heard of anyone eating raw shrimp. I thought that was one of those things that had to be cooked.
There's my Editor calling me out again. Guess I meant fresh pre-cooked. Cocktail sauce a must as well. Thanks for keeping me in check KJ

Shrimp cocktail is cooked...but there are many varieties of sushi and like dishes that utilize raw shrimp. I myself love a nicely prepared raw shrimp. Raw shrimp...depending on the type...can be VERY sweet. especially something like Rock Shrimp. While technically not raw, I love shrimp ceviche. Oh man that is some good stuff. Shrimp Ceviche is a dish where the shrimp are cooked not with heat...but the acid of lemon juice.

There's my Editor calling me out again. Guess I meant fresh pre-cooked. Cocktail sauce a must as well. Thanks for keeping me in check KJ
I wasn’t trying to correct you, just asking for clarification. Are you really eating raw shrimp? Pre-cooked = raw, right?

I wasn’t trying to correct you, just asking for clarification. Are you really eating raw shrimp? Pre-cooked = raw, right?
Yeah, I meant what was in the fridge in the pic ready to eat. When I lived in PA, neighbor across the street when he was at the shore for a day fishing always brought a quart of shrimp to us. Nice memories after younger siblings went to bed and sat at the kitchen counter with mom and dad eating the "pick and peel" shrimp with cocktail sauce. Guess it was precooked, I don't know. Just ate and enjoyed

Oh, Dave...... I didn’t see the shrimp in the fridge pic (had to zoom way in on my phone to see it), I thought your we’re going back to Gear Noir’s sushi pic for the shrimp, that’s why my brain was stuck on raw, sorry.

And thanks for the info Don. Might have to try the raw stuff someday.... maybe the citrus “cooked” first.

Corned Beef & Cabbage. I think I need to make that a New Year’s Day tradition.

I want that!

I got some left, c'mon over.
1f601.png

I grew up with this. My grandmother used to make it all the time. It's easy to make. Cut the meat off a bone-in ham then put it all in a pot (bone too, it makes the broth better), add potatoes and green beans, and cook. When the potatoes are cooked through, mix some flour and eggs together to a nice sticky (kind of playdoh-ish) consistency and bring your pot to a boil. Use a fork/spoon to add the dumpling mix to the boiling water. They will expand, so don't add huge pieces. When they start floating, they are done. Very simple meal that can last days and not be expensive or complicated to make.

KJ I wasn’t aware Corned beef and cabbage fit into the Keto style! I’m probably going to put that on the list for this weekend!

i was reading that I had to watch what veggies I eat though stuff like peas,beans,corn,and taters all have too much starch/sugar
True. avoid those, no starches. but many veggies are good. Lettuce (any leafy veggie), cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, olives, asparagus, squash, zucchini.... all good.

Back