The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

Dang TJ that looks nice. I used to cut meat for a living years ago and a little tip for everyone is to look for Chuck Eyes in the meat case. They are the end cuts of the Rib Eye's that are technically too small to be packaged as a steak. You can pick them up for 1/3 to 1/2 the price of rib eyes and they have more flavor because they tend to have more marbled fat in them. This results in you being able to have "Rib Eye's" more often, they are just smaller. I actually prefer them taste-wise and so you have to eat two, that's not so bad
1f601.png

Dang TJ that looks nice. I used to cut meat for a living years ago and a little tip for everyone is to look for Chuck Eyes in the meat case. They are the end cuts of the Rib Eye's that are technically too small to be packaged as a steak. You can pick them up for 1/3 to 1/2 the price of rib eyes and they have more flavor because they tend to have more marbled fat in them. This results in you being able to have "Rib Eye's" more often, they are just smaller. I actually prefer them taste-wise and so you have to eat two, that's not so bad
1f601.png
Ssshhhhhhhhh, don't tell everyone. My Uncle told me this. He's a retired Butcher

Ssshhhhhhhhh, don't tell everyone. My Uncle told me this. He's a retired Butcher

It's out now!
1f601.png
Mmmmm, Chuck Eyes! I never ate so good as when I was cutting meat. The dark steaks we had to pull from the case, but they were just starting to age really so we were allowed to take them home for 99 cents a pound. Sometimes we cut them up for Speidies, but most of the time there's not much you can do with them. If you throw them in the hamburger grind it will cause the grind to darken prematurely.

I dunno man. Kim chee is something I haven’t been interested in trying.

I dunno man. Kim chee is something I haven’t been interested in trying.
Do you like cabbage, and spicy stuff? It’s like spicy cole slaw... sort of. It’s fermented, not rotten. Think on the order of a spicy pickle. They make mild too, but the spicier the better for me.

Sushi is good stuff if done right. Kimchi not so much. Tried it a couple different times and just can’t get a taste for it.

Yeah yeah yeah, Hawaiian Barbecue again. Reminds me of the Techmatic shaves.......................just kidding, It looks great

My niece brought over some duck eggs yesterday and I decided to scramble a couple of them up with some greens and mushrooms!

Did you taste a difference? My wife got some fresh chicken eggs from her friend and I have to say I believe they had less flavor than store bought to me.

Did you taste a difference? My wife got some fresh chicken eggs from her friend and I have to say I believe they had less flavor than store bought to me.

It all depends on what they are eating being fed. Duck eggs have a higher fat content so o find them a little richer. The ducks my niece has are getting fat on bugs, worms, frogs, lizards, mice, etc. A lot of people who raise chickens feed them only vegetarian feed...which is not good for a chicken believe it or not. I've had some chicken eggs that have very little flavor and others that were so eggy I couldn't stand it. A dark yellow yolk is a good indicator of a well feed fowl.

Pecan Sticky Bun and Coffee. Not homemade but fresh made yesterday on premises at a little shop. they usually sellout early in the morning but my wife got there in time. Pic almost picks up the steam from the coffee ?

Pecan Sticky Bun and Coffee. Not homemade but fresh made yesterday on premises at a little shop. they usually sellout early in the morning but my wife got there in time. Pic almost pics up the steam from the coffee
1f60e.png

Mega yum!

Back