The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is New to You...... SPEAKEASY EDITION

Friggin' old barber Dave mentioned an online spirits store on the last zoom call. I made the mistake of looking through the Laphroaig section of The Whisky Exchange. Now I'm just to justify in my mind if I don't buy any locally for a few weeks it's okay to order a few from there.
There are some ridiculously awesome Laphroaig bottles on there right now. If only my bank roll was as large as my love for dusty Laphroaig!!

Took a drive into the city for the 2020 Càirdeas and ran across the Ardbeg in the metal box. Couldn’t leave that behind because I even looked for just the box on eBay 4941FC7D-FEB4-422C-8BBB-21D92A92F889.jpeg

Was given a bottle of this stuff yesterday. It's a craft gin from Michigan made by the Traverse City Whiskey Company. The label says that it is a "Northern Style gin with hints of cedar wood, cherry bark, lavender, and juniper sourced from Northern Michigan." I'll give it a go today sometimes and let you all know how it is.

1601816954159.png

Sounds like it’s not the best entry to see what bourbon is about, but if I see the trial pack of all 3 I’ll get it today.

200ml bottles. That’s Canadian measurement. $50. That 50 actually dollars.
E30F0C3A-547B-4CED-9033-521FE7ACD195.jpeg

Based on Prices that is a great deal, however both Total Wine store here dont have it, so the search begins

Back