The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is New to You...... SPEAKEASY EDITION

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
Well the Shaving area has a "Whats New to You"
so...........
Why not one for the Discerning Gentlemen or Ladies that enjoy an Adult Libation.
So... Please showcase your newest purchases in Spirits, Tobacco, and Accoutrements for us to enjoy.

speakeasy 1.gif

Todays Trip to the "Candy Store"

I blame @NurseDave for the Scotch enablement, but everything else was a mistake of browsing LOL

Balvenie Caribbrean Cask 14
LSA Whisky Arran Crystal Tumblers
Tovolo Clear Ice System.

IlVjCR1l.jpg

Todays Trip to the "Candy Store"

I blame @NurseDave for the Scotch enablement, but everything else was a mistake of browsing LOL

Balvenie Caribbrean Cask 14
LSA Whisky Arran Crystal Tumblers
Tovolo Clear Ice System.

IlVjCR1l.jpg
Dude!!! That’s it. That’s next on my list.

He can't try it until tomorrow when his clear ice cubes are ready.

Curious to hear if/how the clear ice system works. I have some silicone molds for ice, but it still ends up cloudy.

I have them in the freezer now saving them for tommorow night and will have a dram of the Balvenie here in a sec,, Thoughts in the What ya Drinkin Thread

I saw that Caribbean Cask at Binnys tonight but had to pass. Looking forward to seeing your verdict @BarberDave

Did pick up a bottle of this stuff. Headed to one of my best buddy's wedding down in St. Louis on Thursday. Just bridal party and immediate family now. Haven't had any of these different PB whiskies yet but I have a feeling it is going to go down quite easy on the bridal party trolley.

c22643f8d85d0b14480dfac1e4203415.jpg

I saw that Caribbean Cask at Binnys tonight but had to pass. Looking forward to seeing your verdict @BarberDave

Did pick up a bottle of this stuff. Headed to one of my best buddy's wedding down in St. Louis on Thursday. Just bridal party and immediate family now. Haven't had any of these different PB whiskies yet but I have a feeling it is going to go down quite easy on the bridal party trolley.

c22643f8d85d0b14480dfac1e4203415.jpg
@CVargo

I've tried PB whiskey... What's that one called we all was drinking? It tastes Like sugar syrup. Actually maybe I'll try it on pancakes.

Last edited:
I've tried PB whiskey... What's that one called we all was drinking? It tastes Mike sugar syrup. Actually maybe I'll try it on pancakes.
Skrewball or something like that? We just put this out to try and capture some of that market since it's very trendy right now. Can't say I'm a fan of the label...

Curious to hear if/how the clear ice system works. I have some silicone molds for ice, but it still ends up cloudy.
I thought the easy way to do it is start with boiling water and then put it in the freezer. Or just old wives tale?

this was a far cry cheaper than the Cirrus Ice mold press Holy Crap!

Back