The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is New to You...... SPEAKEASY EDITION

Two pick ups that I'm super excited about - a 17 year old Jamaican rum from Plantation and a 9 year old Knob Creek pick!

5d6593c1d2c3ac7993ec9cc884f20a37.jpg
That is a WIN-WIN!

@Fightingillini22
I'm jealous about your Store pick
Even before I became obviously semi-biased, I have been of the mindset that the Knob Creek store picks are some of the best value in bourbon.

They used to be much older - I have 4 or 5 from 2017 that are all 12-14 years old. Now they seem to be closer to 9 years but at $50 they still have great value in my experience!

Found a decent local bottle shop after looking through a couple way over priced shops (not sure how they stay in business) 😵

Didn’t find Abelour yet but I did pick this guy up at price.
Just gives you an idea of the types of margins all tiers of the system operate on, huh?!

Love me some Aberlour, hoping you're able to find it soon!

Oh! You had me worried for you there 😂 What does it refer to then?
The barrels were heavily charred.

“The whisky for the Ardbeg Scorch was matured in heavily charred ex-Bourbon barrels. The press release describes intense aromas of soot, smoke and grilled food, and liquorice. So the name “Scorch” has once again been chosen very appropriately by the marketing team.

And of course there is also a little story spun around the Ardbeg Scorch: There is an aroma- and fire-breathing dragon sitting in Warehouse No. 3, roasting the barrels and barrel lids.”

The barrels were heavily charred.

“The whisky for the Ardbeg Scorch was matured in heavily charred ex-Bourbon barrels. The press release describes intense aromas of soot, smoke and grilled food, and liquorice. So the name “Scorch” has once again been chosen very appropriately by the marketing team.

And of course there is also a little story spun around the Ardbeg Scorch: There is an aroma- and fire-breathing dragon sitting in Warehouse No. 3, roasting the barrels and barrel lids.”
The Term licking the char off a steak and grill Licorice comes to mind. This may take "peaty" to a whole new level of Lava

Back