The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is New to You...... SPEAKEASY EDITION

A very nice Benefactor from the Great State of PA, was kind enough to send this to me. Hershey holds a special place in my heart as my Dad and his brothers spent their youth at the Hershey School for boys during the Depression. It was, and is the working farm for Hershey. It was considered to be an orphanage, but may kids were place there as the parents at that time were out of work and wanted a better, although hard, life for the kids. In my dads case my grandmother was a single mom, as my grandfather died young, as many did working for Bethlehem Steel in Johnstown. Dad had many stories of the "antics" him and his brothers got away with and even had a chance to visit Hershey with him. This place made my dad who he was and what he became. So these mean alot. One of these bottles will probably never be drank

THANKS A BUNCH @Fenster ! This is what makes the members and this joint the very best!

uor6pYW.jpg

@Somnos absolutely love Four Roses SiB. If you've never taken the dive, there's 10 different versions of the SiB that exist. The "standard" is the OBSV recipe. There are 9 other letter combos that you can find through store picks. Some are much rarer than others. You really can't go wrong, except that it increased in price quite a bit compared to where it used to be.

@Somnos absolutely love Four Roses SiB. If you've never taken the dive, there's 10 different versions of the SiB that exist. The "standard" is the OBSV recipe. There are 9 other letter combos that you can find through store picks. Some are much rarer than others. You really can't go wrong, except that it increased in price quite a bit compared to where it used to be.
Here in lies the problem…LCBO doesn’t do store picks. Occasionally a bunch of stuff gets “lost” in the massive distribution centres and then magically appears much beyond the original release date but those are complete flukes. So it will be whatever standard one is on the shelf today. Thanks buddy for the heads up. When the border opens up maybe I visit a couple stores in Buffalo.

Here in lies the problem…LCBO doesn’t do store picks. Occasionally a bunch of stuff gets “lost” in the massive distribution centres and then magically appears much beyond the original release date but those are complete flukes. So it will be whatever standard one is on the shelf today. Thanks buddy for the heads up. When the border opens up maybe I visit a couple stores in Buffalo.
Ugh I always forget that they don't. The good news is the standard SiB OBSV offering is still quite tasty (and cheaper!)

Well wine country in Napa was good to us, we toured 3 wineries and the lovely Nurse Dave and his wonderful wife sent us home with a bottle

IMG_20210726_155607463_HDR.jpg

Then this morning while sitting at the airport I got the notice through the State of Utah app that some Blanton's hit the shelf. Well lucky me got one on way home form airport. And paid retail. Also grabbed a couple others because well... Because.
IMG_20210726_155644764_HDR.jpg

The Shopping today. Not a bunch of stuff, but some good ones

GngQPxf.jpg
... oh and @NurseDave since your better half thinks I am the Enabling Devil.... Now you can show her you have returned the favor with the Caravan, LOL
Saw the pic and was going to comment on that one. :) Hope you enjoy it!

Back