The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is New to You...... SPEAKEASY EDITION

Today's purchases. So many choices.
0861e1c3c0d8b6b2e62b0f7b15667ecf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Readbreast! YES!!!!

Dave let me try the 10 year...that was quite an experience! Super peated, firey, smokey, some char...definitely on the “will grow you some hair” side of the manly scotch scale! 👍
Ardbeg 10 is a staple and really every bar should have a bottle as the quintessential Islay. Many opinions out there but that is mine. It is “consistently” good Ardbeg. The Wee Beastie reads like an angry little brother, which it is.

Okay, despite my obvious connections to Suntory I've never been able to source a bottle of Yamazaki 12. It's an extremely allocated liquid and difficult to find since once a retailer has bottles, they tend to hold them for specific people or sell way above retail.

Our local liquor chain had 10 bottles, at retail, just sitting on the bottom shelf of the "rare and collectibles" room. I picked up one for me and one for my wife's Godfather who just did our wills pro Bono. Cannot wait to crack it open tonight!

e437c8f47fae15da339b1c1b8a7e0b55.jpg

This guy can home today. Love Ardbeg 10 and it is a staple of the bar. However, it is increasingly difficult to get paw the the higher end Ardbeg in Ontario. They are way too much coin and scarce at best. But this little fellow showed up and is quite intriguing. Just as a love Lagavulin 16, 12 and 8 for different reasons I am interested in how different this will be to Ardbeg 10. Looking forward to the dram.

0A379981-363A-419C-A634-8A07BD63E071.jpeg

Well tell her she dun good! Great choice!
Oh, I did, a couple times. Yes it is.

@Fenster she did well! My FIL always has a bottle in his bar and I'm never upset when he pours me a dram!
Yes she did, she was trying to get me something I haven't had before. Well, she did not quite succeed in that area as I have had this before, but that's ok we aren't going to mention that🤫 as it is still a great pick.

Oh, I did, a couple times. Yes it is.

Yes she did, she was trying to get me something I haven't had before. Well, she did not quite succeed in that area as I have had this before, but that's ok we aren't going to mention that🤫 as it is still a great pick.
Nod, smile, pour the glass…savour the fact she got you something and cared enough to do it! Win, win, win! Go get something for her! Happy life all the way around! Cheers!

Yep, exactly!

Going to build a little fire in the backyard pit a little later and enjoy a beverage together.
Oh I do love me a bourbon on the back deck! Heats gone and a mild breeze wafting by. Want to do some Ardbeg but some Weller 107 or some High West Campfire would fit the bill perfectly! But first a little vino and strawberries! Cheers Brother!

Back