The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is New to You...... SPEAKEASY EDITION

Well it was on sale and the bottle of Larceny will not be replaced with another. I haven’t had a bottle of Knob Creek 9yr Small Batch in a while.

I don't think I've had standard offering since they brought back the age statement last year. I do have a bottle of the "red letter" age statement juice sitting in the bunker somewhere. Funny the evolution of the age statement, from the big bold 9, to the smaller red letters, to NAS, now back to the big bold 9!

I have not had the chance to try this one yet. @Somnos how would you describe this one and what would you compare it to?

It's a Beam distillate through and through - so expect some nutty notes accompanied by more standard bourbon ones of vanilla, caramel, etc. It doesn't blow my socks off but at 100 proof, 9 year age stated, and around $26 it's a very solid value pour in my book.

Back