The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is New to You...... SPEAKEASY EDITION

Well, some of you know when we had to move into a rental and our expenses went up, I cancelled all my wine clubs. That was a year ago and I haven’t made a single wine purchase since. I broke that today with a 3 bottle Les Pavots purchase from the Spring release from Peter Michael. I skipped this last year and have been thinking about it ever since. This is THE most delicious wine I have ever tasted. Should ship in a couple of months and then sit in the cellar for a few more years. But it will be worth it!

Mmmmm, I like Eagle Rare....LOL
I was serious going to be in and out in 2 minutes and heard the guy at the counter say “I’ll take a bottle of Blanton’s” and my ears perked up. Then he turned and told me pointing to the 2 bottles of Eagle Rare he had “you should get this too. They have a special on it and it’s a store pick.” Sold. I’ve been thinking I should try Eagle Rare since it’s hard to get in some parts of the country and only $30 here normally. Figured this was a good time to give it a shot.

I was serious going to be in and out in 2 minutes and heard the guy at the counter say “I’ll take a bottle of Blanton’s” and my ears perked up. Then he turned and told me pointing to the 2 bottles of Eagle Rare he had “you should get this too. They have a special on it and it’s a store pick.” Sold. I’ve been thinking I should try Eagle Rare since it’s hard to get in some parts of the country and only $30 here normally. Figured this was a good time to give it a shot.
Well I am happy that you got a bottle of Eagle Rare you will enjoy...yet I am somewhat sad with myself that I could identify the brand by the “foil”....😳

That’s on my “I need to stop buying bourbon but I want to try it” list.
It is a good one for sure. It’s just like wine...stack it deep Dave...it’ll only be more expensive down the road...😂

Last edited:
Back