The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is New to You...... SPEAKEASY EDITION

That makes a little more sense I guess. But still...

I guess each person can run their own business how they see fit, but this owner likely lost out on a purchase you might have made. Now, how many other potential purchases did the owner miss out on because he wasn't in the store. Sorry...just not sure I understand how some businesses operate. Hire people you can trust...have a system in which you check sales and inventory...make money like a baller! 🤪
There was a store in my area that was the same way. The owner had shelves that were "private stock" that only he knew what he had invested in each bottle so he would give "deals" if he wanted to and also it prevented his employees from breaking things while trying to reach them..

That makes a little more sense I guess. But still...

I guess each person can run their own business how they see fit, but this owner likely lost out on a purchase you might have made. Now, how many other potential purchases did the owner miss out on because he wasn't in the store. Sorry...just not sure I understand how some businesses operate. Hire people you can trust...have a system in which you check sales and inventory...make money like a baller! 🤪
I agree, seems like a very poor business model. That would likely irritate me to the point that my "grumpy old man syndrome" would kick in and I would probably not go back to that store.

I won’t keep posting his videos, but the guy that did the last video tour I posted, posted one this morning for the whisky shop I normally go into the city for.

Nick that is looking to be fantastic! Can’t wait to hear your review!
I just opened the Cadenhead Auchentoshan. It is a wonderful dram. The best I ever had? No. But it was worth the price. The whiskey has a very nice flavor to it and a great finish. I do detect the notes of pear as mentioned and the finish does have a bit of an earthy note to it as well. I really like it and am glad I picked it up. For me, the most enjoyable aspect of whiskey is how each distillery produces whiskeys with such varied flavors and how you can choose a whiskey based on your mood, much like choosing the type of music you want to listen to at any given time.

Back