The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

He used the milk!
giphy.gif

Frederic Malle - French Lover
I revisit my sample about once a year. It's one that I love, for about an hour, then it just sort of feels like it's outstayed its welcome, until this time. It finally clicked, and I enjoyed the whole ride. Well it's not really a ride, more of steady drone, as it's pretty linear to my nose. But at Malle prices, people seem to find all kinds of nuances that I just call drying down and calming down.
Still it's one that's always been my favorite from the house, there's something about how the spiky piercing green works here that transcends. It's a perfect rainy day in nature type scent, that also manages to be a very masculine fragrance. Personally I think the name is perfect, this is one of the most masculine fragrances I have, yet there's that nonchalant French cool that makes it special. It manages to steer away from every masculine fragrance trope, and still out muscle them all.

Pierre Guillaume - Coze Verde
Coze was the house's first fragrance, a rich spicy take on the cannabis note. It's a perfect fall weather scent as it's mellow brown feeling accents the fall mood.
Coze Verde is the follow up and is the spring summer version of the scent. Opens with a beautiful creamy fig note, and dries down to a similar spicy cannabis, but here with the fig's greenness giving a brighter, more energetic feel.

And don't let the "C" word spook you, it's not overt at all, just the spicy aspects.

Pierre Guillaume Coze Verde.jpg

Back