The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Profumum Roma - Victrix
(From an official sample)
An absolutely wonderful laurel fragrance. I've tired a couple of others, Frederic Malle's French Lover, and Comme des Garcons Laurel, but both left something to be desired for me, though there was also something I loved. Victrix is all the love and none of the hate.
Supremely natural, especially in the opening. It really has that walking down a tree lined path in Southern California vibe to it. As it dries down, it add just enough to make it feel more like a masculine fragrance and not just a field trip, but that outdoor freshness stays for the duration. What's interesting is that though it's essentially pretty linear, there are still nuances throughout. As if as you're taking your nature walk you're passing other fauna interpreted with the laurels.
It lasts, but becomes a skin scent in an hour or so. The opening is so marvelous though, that I've already sprayed twice today.

Great stuff, and it's always nice to find a fragrance you've been looking for.

Pierre Guillaume - Le Musc & La Peau Extrait
I had a sample of the EdP version last summer, and really liked it, but it only lasted about 10 minutes on me, and even then I could only just smell it.
Had to jump on this when I saw the Extrait was just released, and very happy I did. It's another one of those wear any where close sitting scents.
Basically musks and rosemary milk. It's very subtle but does actually project. The rosemary is what makes it, giving a very subtle herbal feel, with maybe just a touch of cream.

DSC01468.jpg

Pierre Guillaume - Rivages Noirs
A spicy blue gym type scent, probably nothing special, but I like it. A nice dumb reach scent for when you want a bit more of a 'bro' vibe.
This is another category that I actually love in theory, but have had a really hard time finding scents in the style that I personally enjoy to wear regularly.

Diagram showing the my dilemma with these scents, and the never-ending search for the one in the middle

8lieut.jpg

Last edited:
Back