The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Pierre Guillaume - Yuzu ab Irato
Yesterday's lemon delight left me wanting more fresh goodness. I dug out a forgotten sample, and honestly didn't expect a lot here. Yuzu scents can be all over the map, and I'd forgotten what this smelled like. Well if you've ever used Alvarez Gomez aftershave, imagine it lasting all day with a classic cologne dry down. AKA ordered more!

And dang it how does the Guillaume guy do it?

Pierre Guillaume - La Nymphe & Le Poete
PG has a funky numbering system, where he'll make a variant on a previous fragrance. They are rarely flankers since they tend to be completely different renderings of the them. 13 is Brulure de Rose which is a super dry piercing rose scent, definitely not for everyone, but I dig it an night. 13.1 is totally opposite, an very light violet rose. I got it as something that I could wear anywhere, including sweaty ballet classes. The rose here is very light, I didn't even pick up on it as rose the first few wearings. It's carried by a could have violet, that though not strong is somehow still penetrating and projects surprisingly much for what it is. There a weird static electric vibe to it. I actually really like it, and it's so soft that it still remains inoffensive, but very unique. Maybe a bit like freshly dried clothes still smelling of laundry musks would be.
A super dumb reach scent, and perfect for sweaty occasions where you still want to project a bit of culture. :)

Pierre guillaume - La Nymphe & Le Poete.jpg

Back