The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Heeley - Hippie Rose
Ah, the rose quest continues. This is a pretty classic rose-patchouly, with Heeley's patented musks in the back. Very much so unisex, anyone can comfortably wear it. The rose is there but the patch feels like it's taking the lead, hence the name. And tbh it really is that kind of patch that takes me back to festivals in the summer. Though, the rose, which really adds a soapy feeling makes it more of a clean vibe.
It very much reminds me of ELdO Hermann, there's a bit of a petrichor shimmer, which is almost sharp and aromatic here. But Heeley is a master of creating depth out of simplicity, and so far I'm finding this a nicer wear, though it does make me want to break the ELdO out again soon.

(And yay, I finally got some energy to take and render a photo)

Heeley Hippie Rose.jpg

Last edited:
Pierre Guillaume - Isparta
Really stellar incense rose. Slightly sweet slight jammy rose, and the most beautiful powdery incense. I'm not finding the words tonight to do this justice, one of the best from the house IMO.
Well one thing did come to mind, this could be a more modern and hip cousin to Antaeus. Same powdery rose, less the funk and green.

DSC01392.jpg

Last edited:
Parfum d'Empire - Corsica Furioso
(From an official sample)

Probably the best herbal style cologne out there. Very much wears like a traditional cologne, only focused on green notes. And thankfully the musky dry down goes in a masculine direction, and lasts forever.

Back