The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

How do you like it.
I am looking for a Lavender aftershave.
Suggestions ???
I love it! My favorite lavender frag. But it's expensive so try to find a sample first if you can. I think the Czech & Speake website has them available. Other notable lavender forward frags I have and use are Caron "Pour Un Homme de Caron", Paul Sebastian. Tom Ford "Beau de Jour", Chanel "Platinum Egoiste"

Pierre Guillaume - Brulure de Rose

I've been totally knackered the last week or so, and haven't managed to take any pics, but don't despair, I'm hard at work to keep up with matching Mark's brush collection.
Today it's a funky powdered metallic rose, as if 'grandma's' rose fragrance were resurrected as a character in Heavy Metal. And it's one of the house's power house fragrances to boot, I can get by with just one spray.
Great vintage with a twist rose.

1709163061681.png

Diptqye - L'Ombre Dans
Ormaie - Le Passant

Had to go downtown today and on the way home did a bit of sampling. Wound up trying Diptyque L'Ombre Dans EDP on skin and later the Ormaie.
LOD is a nice green rose scent, but didn't really do it. That's always the issue with Diptyque for me, so many that are almost great.
Le Passant on the other hand really struck me, basically a niche Caron Pour un Homme. Apparently using all natural ingredients. I can believe it based on how it smells, but thankfully it also has good, if a bit close, performance.
Really nice, a bight fresh lavender, with light vanilla in the back. Very aromatic, but not overly medicinal to my nose, it manages to feel light and airy for what it is. There's a very retro vibe, and makes me think how PuH would have felt back when it was originally released. The quality of ingredients is really outstanding.
Sadly it's price is less than nice, so maybe one day.

Last edited:
Back