The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Another great use of ambergris.

Absolutely. The blend here is masterfully done. Though there's citrus up top there is that lovely lavender to give it a wonderful aromatic touch through the mids that ties in the spices from the nutmeg & ginger very delicately with those top notes. The woods and musk in the drydown are slightly dry but, that ambergris gives it a nice smooth or creaminess with a slight sour and sweet vibe with the tonka bean.

A wonderful creation that can be worn year round without reservation giving a casual yet well put together vibe. It's a sport connotation on the label but, to my nose it's much more refined and sophisticated. William Fraysse mixed this creation to near perfection.

Absolutely. The blend here is masterfully done. Though there's citrus up top there is that lovely lavender to give it a wonderful aromatic touch through the mids that ties in the spices from the nutmeg & ginger very delicately with those top notes. The woods and musk in the drydown are slightly dry but, that ambergris gives it a nice smooth or creaminess with a slight sour and sweet vibe with the tonka bean.

A wonderful creation that can be worn year round without reservation giving a casual yet well put together vibe. It's a sport connotation on the label but, to my nose it's much more refined and sophisticated. William Fraysse mixed this creation to near perfection.
Everyone is mystified why it's called Sport, there's almost a raunchiness as it gets into the mid, but then if that counts as a sport, count me in. ;)

Pierre Guillaume - Papyrus de Ciane

Named after the Ciane River in Sicily, know for the papyrus growing along its banks. This is a very classy green scent, light and fresh, but with depth added by the slightest touch of powder. Feels very uplifting as the dark season is descending on Finland :(. It's one of those scents that can bring sunshine to the darkest days, making it as appropriate in winter as summer.

Pierre Guillaume Papyrus de Ciane.jpg

Back