The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Heeley / Jogging - Cologne Officinale

Heeley's 2nd collaboration fragrance, this time with Marseille fashion shop Jogging.
With that background you'd expect something abstract, challenging, and only for the perfumista upper crust.
Not so at all! This is a massive nod to old school, masculine, working man greats like Loewe pour Homme. A basil beast, but of course a beast for modern sensibilities.
For sure one of my top hits of this year, and a true easy reach as a lover of old school herbals.
If this is niche, if this is fashion, it's the upscale workwear version, minimalistic and tough, but chic at the same time. Super stuff!

Heeley Jogging.jpg

DKNY Men 2009. Patchouli, Violet Leaf, Vetiver & Woods in the heart & drydown. Up top there there is a slight infusion of citrus that is tempered with a bitter and slightly acidic nuance from the Juniper Berries. But, this fragrance is all about the Patch, Vetiver and Woods. A subtle animalic vibe that is earthy, slightly dirty and yet clean. Professional and Masculine to the 9's. Average at best on performance but, I go ham on the trigger and I get light wafts of this throughout the work day.

If you like Patchouli & Vetiver and can find this at a reasonable price, totally worth diving in.

fit.7066.jpg

DKNY Men 2009. Patchouli, Violet Leaf, Vetiver & Woods in the heart & drydown. Up top there there is a slight infusion of citrus that is tempered with a bitter and slightly acidic nuance from the Juniper Berries. But, this fragrance is all about the Patch, Vetiver and Woods. A subtle animalic vibe that is earthy, slightly dirty and yet clean. Professional and Masculine to the 9's. Average at best on performance but, I go ham on the trigger and I get light wafts of this throughout the work day.

If you like Patchouli & Vetiver and can find this at a reasonable price, totally worth diving in.

View attachment 115375
Ohh, love the patch vetiver combo myself.

Maria Candida Gentile - Finisterre
Sea meets land at Finisterre. Windswept coast, sea air, hearty wild shrubland, driftwood all meet in this most excellent marine scent. Thankfully there are no dead fish on this coastline, only damp driftwood, and helichrysum, giving off a damp fennel like aroma. Hours into the dry down a very masculine aspect starts to come out, as if you left the coast, and are strolling down the local Main Street on the way for a night on the town after a day in the elements.

Maria Candida Gentile Finisterre 2.jpg

AB Mediterraneo by Puig. I'd say that this is the best cologne produced by Antonio Banderas. Has a slight Guerlain Vetiver & L'Eau Boisee vibe with a warm tropical infusion. Very pleasant and perfect for relaxing poolside and kicking up the barbecue with a few frosty ones in hand. There are two versions, this one from Spain Puig (vintage & can be found for under $20US) & the other made in Mexico. Stay clear of the Mexico version as it is practically sweetened ginger water & hay that is gone as soon as you spray it.

Lovely juice that has a slight throwback feeling to it. Different from today's renderings of a summer fragrance yet still feels relevant and modern. Worthy pick up for the low $$$ investment.

IMG_20230722_075410602.jpg

Back