The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Another head to head from samples!

Maria Candida Gentile - Barry Lyndon vs Mancera Saharian - Wind

I found these two to have a lot in common, and have been comparing them the last couple of days.
Both are really good, rich, creamy, almost oily leathers. In the dry down they are close enough that I think someone walking by couldn't tell the difference.
At the end, it's a trade off, more natural smelling, more subtlety vs more projection, and more clarity. I'm not sure I could choose one over the other tbh, but there are some more interesting moments with the MCG that make it more 'niche' feeling, whereas the Mancera feels more upscale designer due to the ingredients used more than the scent itself.

I wouldn't be shocked if I wound up with both, and feel that this is one of Mancera's more slept on offerings, but it's the one I come back to by far the most from the samples I received. And I recon most people haven't even heard of Maria Candida Gentile, though it's got some amazing and very accessible masculine offerings.

Perris Monte Carlo - Vetiver Java
Yay it's getting warm enough to break this out again!
This one really hits that dewy effervescent grassy aspect, while not going too airy, there's a darker grounding aspect that comes in that balances this very vetiver centric fragrance, and makes it a favorite of mine in warmer weather.

Perris Vetiver Java.jpeg

Caswell-Massey VI EdP
7628b2cbcb8f588e185dcfb623e25c4d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Back