The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

375x500.31619.jpg

Amouage Sunshine Man.

1577216306988.png
Topped things off with the Parfums De Marly Darley. Here's a Descriptions of the Scent:

Darley Perfume by Parfums De Marly, When attention begins to wane, kick it into high gear with Darley, a scintillating 2009 scent from Parfums de Marly. The multidimensional fabrication starts with a powerful spark of bergamot whipped brightly with Amalfi Lemon and fresh, crisp mint. The center awakens with spiked cinnamon soothed by an enchanting floral chorus of lavender, African Orange Flower and the supreme softness of rose. Lower on the scale, the smoky beat of guaiac wood is pounded out by bittersweet tonka bean on a drum of sandalwood and amber. Complex yet wholly elemental, the mesmeric effect continues to transfix and attract long into the night.

I get a well blended floral grounded and kept from being overly flowery by the wood and amber notes. Nice stuff but my preference would definitely be the Layton over this one.

Heard good things about PR-1M. Gonna have to find a sample to try.
Here in the Netherlands you can go to a Fragnance store and they spray it on paper for you and have testers available, isn't that an option for you?

Mayne I can make a sample for you but I live in the Netherlands so it is very costly to ship perfume to the US unfortunately because of alcohol regulations...

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Here in the Netherlands you can go to a Fragnance store and they spray it on paper for you and have testers available, isn't that an option for you?

Mayne I can make a sample for you but I live in the Netherlands so it is very costly to ship perfume to the US unfortunately because of alcohol regulations...

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
That’s a very kind offer but there are a few websites from which I can possibly purchase a sample. FragranceNet and The Perfumed Court usually have a great selection of samples.

1577361547440.png
Final Frag in the samples I have is Creed Aventus 2016
Here's what is said professionally about it:

Creed Aventus for men is a fruity chypre scent. Aventus was inspired by the life of an emperor and evokes a sense of strength, power, and success on the one who wears this fragrance. This sophisticated and elegant scent has notes of pineapple, black currant, birch, amber and musk. Sexy and seductive, strong and powerful, this scent has it all!
  • Top Notes: Pineapple, Apple, Black Currant
  • Middle Notes: Birch, Rose, Jasmine
  • Base Notes: Vanilla, Amber, Oak moss, Musk
It was good advice by @GearNoir to use a lighter scent to enjoy the Creed Aventus 2016. At first I had trouble smelling it much but went back for some more hits as I think this atomizer isn't cooperating. I definitely get a strong beginning of the 3 top notes listed and it then drops down in intensity. Almost undetectable to me without shoving my arm directly under my nose. I think the description of it as a Fruity Chypre is very accurate. It's a nice scent but not something I'd pay what is asked for it with soo many other more moderately priced options out there.

Back