The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

A timeless classic. The newer generation might not appreciate it as much but, this was cutting edge in 1999. Amber & Woods with just the right touch of Aromatics to give it a sophisticated yet clean masculine vibe. Posh yet grounded simultaneously. The newer stuff has lost a bit of its charm but, it still works.
Thanks for the description. I'd say the same about Rise Superfoam("lost some of its charm but still works"). I think I had a "free sniff" of Allure from my Men's Health magazine.

Perris Monte Carlo - Vetiver Java
Sparkling, dewy. grassy vetiver, with a dark patchouli like undertone. This was an insta love for me but you have to like really naturalistic earthy fragrances to enjoy it, there's nothing perfume like in this for me, just a trip out into vibrant nature.

IMG_0631.jpeg

A shame this was discontinued. Just that perfect combination of citruses especially the grapefruit that leads into a clean almond & neroli accord. Then finishes off very nicely with the vetiver and subtle musk notes. Not a powerhouse of a fragrance but, utterly beautiful in its entirety. I just spray more. Wonderful work by Thierry Wasser.

View attachment 93816
Love, Love, Love this one!

Etat Libre d'Orange - Exit the King

(from a sample) This house is killing me, another great fragrance, for those who like this sort of thing. ELdO seems to have a number of fragrances that have a serious nod to classic perfumery, yet manage to not feel dated, though they do act as a prism through olfactive time.
This is an aldehydic soapy rose chypre. Think a bubbly rose scented soap that's been left in a mossy forest floor and you get a good idea. The rose here is reminiscent of rose water, which in my hunger years I'd splash on with abandon, the only problem being it lasts about 15 minutes.

The soapiest and mossiness present a wonderful dichotomy of clean vs. dirty that makes this fragrance feel very comfortable for a man to wear. In fact I've been looking for good soapy scents, as they are very easy to wear in any situation, no one is going to complain because you smell too clean after all. And this one ticks all the boxes for me, including have just right projection and longevity, a lot of soapy scents die quickly on my skin, this has been going with gusto all day.

In fact I'd go so far as to say, if you've ever wanted to try a rose fragrances, but are worried they will be too feminine for you, ELdO has one for you, this is the third from the house I've tried with rose, and I'm becoming a convert.

Etat Libre d'Orange - Exit the King

(from a sample) This house is killing me, another great fragrance, for those who like this sort of thing. ELdO seems to have a number of fragrances that have a serious nod to classic perfumery, yet manage to not feel dated, though they do act as a prism through olfactive time.
This is an aldehydic soapy rose chypre. Think a bubbly rose scented soap that's been left in a mossy forest floor and you get a good idea. The rose here is reminiscent of rose water, which in my hunger years I'd splash on with abandon, the only problem being it lasts about 15 minutes.

The soapiest and mossiness present a wonderful dichotomy of clean vs. dirty that makes this fragrance feel very comfortable for a man to wear. In fact I've been looking for good soapy scents, as they are very easy to wear in any situation, no one is going to complain because you smell too clean after all. And this one ticks all the boxes for me, including have just right projection and longevity, a lot of soapy scents die quickly on my skin, this has been going with gusto all day.

In fact I'd go so far as to say, if you've ever wanted to try a rose fragrances, but are worried they will be too feminine for you, ELdO has one for you, this is the third from the house I've tried with rose, and I'm becoming a convert.
You have piqued my interest sir…..hope you are having a good one Cole!

1664894000175.gif

Back