The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Etat Libre d'Orange - Attaquer le Soleil
From a sample: This only has one note listed, cistus, which comes from the same plant (rockrose) as labdanum, however, cistus is more woody, and less sweet ambery. Raw, but beautiful another scent that makes you think if medieval wooden buildings. Yet, it's very wearable, like a dark rich leather, with virtually no sweetness, only machismo.

Yesterday: I tried my sample of ELdO Rien and Rien Incense Intense
Having heard tale of how nuclear this stuff is I went easy, just one spray of the OG Rien. I wasn't that bad, and maybe half an hour later I thought I would be interesting to compare the two side by side.
BAD IDEA! Totally gassed myself out and had to take a shower!
As far as the scents, they are really very close to each other, but I guess the intense was more intense, to me, just too much.
The scent itself is not at all what I expected. It's an aldehydic leather, but the overall feeling I got was the smell of a musty old building. The smell of musty old carpets, but with a shimmering grape soda overtone.
I did actually like it, but you guys know I like those sorts of smells.

In the PM after letting my nose clear out, I went with a safe great leather, Gucci Guilty Absolute

Today to keep the Gucci Guilty roll going, the EdP, which is becoming one of my favorite feel good scents this fall.

1664561683876.jpeg

Back