The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Sorry I've been negligent in posting, it's been a low energy week for me, last week of the diet and running on empty.

Hiram Green - Arcadia
This is niche even for me, and a really amazing take on a very classic fougere, has a really vintage vibe to it.
Opening is aromatic and somewhat animalic, then a feral honey note comes in, which is one of the few notes I'm not a big fan of, but that only lasts a little while, finally it goes to a skin scent with the most classic barbershop vibe imaginable. This is handlebar mustache era barbershop, and it's just so classy.
Yes there are some challenging moments in it for me, but at the same time, the execution and quality is second to none and makes it a very worthwhile experience.

IMG_0607.jpeg

A shame this was discontinued. Just that perfect combination of citruses especially the grapefruit that leads into a clean almond & neroli accord. Then finishes off very nicely with the vetiver and subtle musk notes. Not a powerhouse of a fragrance but, utterly beautiful in its entirety. I just spray more. Wonderful work by Thierry Wasser.

0_0_0_1_3657150.jpeg

It's an amazing green fragrance. Not as sophisticated as say GIT from Creed but, almost a bit sport like in comparison with that lovely mint note and fresh bitter citruses. The Lavender, Ambergris & Musk round out this scent very smoothly. A touch of clean soapiness but, this juice is all about green aromas. Picture the smell on your very first tee shot as you line up and settle in. Breath deep and bring in the fresh cut grass with a glass of O.J., Lemon, and a couple crushed mint leaves right under one's nostrils. Oh and the semi sweet Haitian Vetiver rides in midway through the sent onto the end. 5 glorious hours of green, green and more green. :love::love:

You're selling it! Too bad it's been discontinued :(
You sold it! And I'm loving it :)

IMG_0615.jpeg

Etat Libre d’Orange - Herman….

Very interesting rose patchouli scent, the name is some reference to a shadow person shadowing Herman, and in a way I get that here as there is a juxtaposition of elements, modern with an almost aquatic, petrichor note that weaves in and out, rose which goes from wet to dark, a classic perfume feel that pops up underneath and recedes, and as sage like aromatic note that also comes in and out, giving an almost churchy vibe, also only momentarily there, and gone, and back again.

1663760109501.jpeg

Etat Libre d’Orange - Herman….

Very interesting rose patchouli scent, the name is some reference to a shadow person shadowing Herman, and in a way I get that here as there is a juxtaposition of elements, modern with an almost aquatic, petrichor note that weaves in and out, rose which goes from wet to dark, a classic perfume feel that pops up underneath and recedes, and as sage like aromatic note that also comes in and out, giving an almost churchy vibe, also only momentarily there, and gone, and back again.

View attachment 93976
Interesting. Gonna have to get a sample of this.

Back