The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Carthusia - A’mmare
This is really growing on me, I’ll be honest my first wear left me wondering if I’d made a mistake, it seemed too sweet and bordering on feminine, yet I’d see people say it was shaving creamy, which didn’t register at all. It just took a few wearings for my nose to register it, and now that it has, it’s probably my favorite barbershop, beautifully rich, and classy barbershop vibes ride between the ocean waves. Additionally the performance on this is outstanding, two sprays max and it projects softly all day.

1657827479919.jpeg

Carthusia - A’mmare
This is really growing on me, I’ll be honest my first wear left me wondering if I’d made a mistake, it seemed too sweet and bordering on feminine, yet I’d see people say it was shaving creamy, which didn’t register at all. It just took a few wearings for my nose to register it, and now that it has, it’s probably my favorite barbershop, beautifully rich, and classy barbershop vibes ride between the ocean waves. Additionally the performance on this is outstanding, two sprays max and it projects softly all day.

View attachment 88660
Your bottle smoking something good there?
39B9B380-8177-4EE6-B199-AAF346F879BA.gif

I like how they took a wintery based scent and made it wearable for the summer - love the lime note on this one!

It perhaps is the one flanker in the SWY line up that shares the least in common with the OG on scent profile but, it has enough of the dna to place it there. To me it probably is the most versatile in the whole range as it can be worn anytime of year for almost any occasion. And yes, that lime and citrus burst in the opening is fantastic.

On a side note if you can, get your nose on Armani's Eau D'Aromes and compare it to Freeze. The prior D'Aromes has a bit more depth and mature vibe over Freeze. Look at the note breakdown. That entire Armani line that was unfortunately discontinued is arguably the forebear of the SWY line up. The SWY is just a bit more youthful compared to the Eau Pour Homme line. Like I said, a travesty that the whole line was sent to the chopping block...:(

Back