The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Day: Caron Pour un Homme Sport
Night: Patrick

Not all niche has to be pricey. Sport is a flanker to the OG Our un Homme, with a decidedly fresh and cool lemony aspect, but also made a bit dirty with a terrific ambergris note, how they got such a good ambergris note at this price I don't know, but I like it. Many won't it's old school, can smell like a lemon cleaning product at times, but mostly it's about cooling the lavender down, it's almost like taking it out of the fridge. However there is some depth going on, making it a true flanker to the original.

Patrick, well the Caron might be a bit old school dandy, this is old school man all the way. Very comfortable wear, for that time you just want to remember how it was. I like old school (and new too) but rarely get a nostalgic feeling, since a lot of old school, still feels new to me. This, however is my teenage years in a bottle, just something very classic. However the peat note playing off the soapy note, still gives it something unique. This is just a super easy reach for my 'me' time.

IMG_0086.jpeg

K parfum by D&G. Worlds better than the edt imho. And quite affordable. Under $60 US for a 150ml. Has a throwback barbershop type vibe with a modern twist. Good in both scent and performance. Bottle is questionable and perhaps a bit tacky but, it’s the juice inside that matters. I can care less if it’s enclosed in a zip tie bag with a straw punched into it as a dispenser for use. Just make sure not to confuse it with a Capri Sun juice pack…;)

F2333D52-A72C-4DEC-9E6B-EB9701D907D3.jpeg

Parle Moi de Parfum - Mile High

Pineapple and immortelle, the maple like immortelle gives a bit of a syrupy effect. Like many from this house, it's pretty linear, and very long lasting.

Also test sprays of Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche and Sport Cologne.
The sport is a straight up bright lemon, very nice, of course didn't even last till I got home, but I suspect lots of sprays would help that.
Edition Blanche was a more herbal take on the same, a bit more caramelized lemon, and in the dry down it reminded me of Egoiste, which is a great scent, but maybe not a great summer scent.

I don't normally like the flashy bottles, but that one's very cool. I know it's a Hermes, but forget the name.

BTW have you tried H24? I rather liked it when I tested it this weekend.
Yes, I have a full bottle. Love the opening with the bright green vibe that it has followed by the clean linen out of the dryer vibe. Like crisp and recently steamed white linen shirts. Very professional and yet relaxing fragrance that is mineral & ever so slightly metallic but, I get no florals from it as of yet Modern day take of an Aromatic. Good stuff....(y)
hermes_h24_1618893888_b14098e4_progressive.jpg

Yes, I have a full bottle. Love the opening with the bright green vibe that it has followed by the clean linen out of the dryer vibe. Like crisp and recently steamed white linen shirts. Very professional and yet relaxing fragrance that is mineral & ever so slightly metallic but, I get no florals from it as of yet Modern day take of an Aromatic. Good stuff....(y)
View attachment 85930
Yes, I was really impressed by the natural green opening, got a real play life vibe from it, and the dry down sounds great too. Need to get some on skin next time I swing by the dealer.
I'm not sure why this got such bad feedback when it came out, I guess people were expecting Terre 2?

Yes, I was really impressed by the natural green opening, got a real play life vibe from it, and the dry down sounds great too. Need to get some on skin next time I swing by the dealer.
I'm not sure why this got such bad feedback when it came out, I guess people were expecting Terre 2?

Agreed, H24 gets quite a bit of hate mostly from the Terre D'hermes diehards across the fragrance forums. I would concede that the opening is a bit better than the drydown but, it is an overall great scent, H24 that is. I still do love Terre D'hermes as it's an all time classic creation from J.C. Elena but, H24 is worthy of the Hermes name.

On a side note, if you haven't gotten your nose on it yet, Eau Givree is a scent that seriously needs to be considered and sampled. C Nagel did a really nice job on this composition keeping it juicy at the start and still vaguely holding on to the Terre D'hermes lineage of scent characteristics. Not as orangey dirty or Vetiver forward as its older brethren but, still having that fresh classiness that they all exhibit. I don't think it's better than (perhaps equal?) Eau Tres Fraiche that it's replacing but, worthy enough in my estimation. I have a bottle coming in soon.

Narciso Rodriguez - For Him EDT
The eBay sale was legit, though the bottle is somewhat used, it's hard to tel exactly how much since the inside of the bottle is painted grey.
I'll say this is a case where the hype is real for me, at least about 10 minutes into a quick test spray. Nothing at all like the EDP, which is much more floral musk, here I'm getting violet leaf and patchouli.
If you read reviews they say wet concrete, rainy day, blah blah. I get none of that, what I do get is a great and very interesting dark, aromatic, almost petroleum scent, which is also lightly, pleasantly sweet.
I like it a lot, and glad I took the chance to seek it out.
More thoughts after more wearings.

IMG_0088.jpeg

Day: Caron Pour un Homme Sport
Night: Patrick

Not all niche has to be pricey. Sport is a flanker to the OG Our un Homme, with a decidedly fresh and cool lemony aspect, but also made a bit dirty with a terrific ambergris note, how they got such a good ambergris note at this price I don't know, but I like it. Many won't it's old school, can smell like a lemon cleaning product at times, but mostly it's about cooling the lavender down, it's almost like taking it out of the fridge. However there is some depth going on, making it a true flanker to the original.

Patrick, well the Caron might be a bit old school dandy, this is old school man all the way. Very comfortable wear, for that time you just want to remember how it was. I like old school (and new too) but rarely get a nostalgic feeling, since a lot of old school, still feels new to me. This, however is my teenage years in a bottle, just something very classic. However the peat note playing off the soapy note, still gives it something unique. This is just a super easy reach for my 'me' time.

View attachment 85856
These look really appealing to me!

These look really appealing to me!
Patrick is a hidden gem! I really like it.

The Caron Sport, there is also a l'Eau flanker, that is very similar, a little simpler, no ambergris, but also not so old fashioned cleaning supply, plus the lemon popsicle effect is even stronger. I like them both, but l'eau is the safer of the two IMHO.

Back