The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

I keep eying that every time you post it. How do you like it compared to other commonly available fougeres?
This one has a soapier note that I don't find on most other fougere scents I have (Paco Rabanne has it but it's not as forward). Also the frankincense adds a drier, spicy note in the dry down.

Acqua di Parma Mandorlo di Sicilia
hQp7Zcz.jpg

This one has a soapier note that I don't find on most other fougere scents I have (Paco Rabanne has it but it's not as forward). Also the frankincense adds a drier, spicy note in the dry down.

That sounds pretty interesting, need to find myself a sample! I'm a big frankincense lover, and anything that can give the base of a fougere a little depth is a good twist.

Frederic Malle - Promise

I've had this sample for a while but have been reluctant to try it due to it's monster reputation. Gave a tentative spray, it's interesting, lie a twist on the rose-oud category I'm more familiar with. There's one note so far I'm not totally thrilled with, an artificial green apple type note.
Reading reviews, this is an Arabian leather-rose, and I can see myself liking the category quite a lot.
Still for you frag heads out there, Malle is outstanding niche house, and totally worth seeking out samples from if there's anything that strikes your fancy.

Frederic Malle - Rose & Cuir

This is a 'realistic' rose, very green. I don't personally get the leather, others seem so only get it and not much rose, which is odd to me. I think if you expect it to be jammy rose or grandma's perfume rose, you won't get it. If you've actually been in rose gardens and pruned roses for winter, you will.

Anyway, I'm a rose fan, so really enjoy this one, it's earthy enough to feel masculine, and there's a hit of vetiver that comes in on dry down that just gives more of that earthy greenness. Maybe not one I'd reach for everyday though as there's not a lot going on, but I'll continue to enjoy the sample.

Back