The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Actually just found a full bottle for a decent price. On its way to me!! :cool:
My first vintage Avon exposure happened at a "garage sale" before I knew better. It was about 6 years ago this month.

Here is where I'm SHTOOPID!

The sale was a fund raiser for our local city's annual festival. The little trinkets were either a dollar a piece, or fill a GROCERY BAG FOR 5 BUCKS!!!

I had my son with me, it actually was closer to ten years ago, cuz he was little, and now he's 4 inches taller than me. We were on my moped, him riding in a jury rigged seat thing behind me. But I could have come back with my car; I was just unaware of "Avon Amazing-ness"

I had an uneducated nose for scents; I just wore whatever Madison Avenue said I should. So I smelled all of these weird looking Avon chess pieces. I do not remember any of the names. The only one I remotely liked the smell of was "Blend 7" so I bought it. The guy running the sale was a guy who's hair I used to cut, he asked if I wanted a bag full of those chess pieces. I said nah, I'll pass.

It took me about a year or so of intermittent use of that Blend 7 to eventually fall in love with it. I went back to that garage sale the next year. Lol, no such luck. The stuff probably ended up in our local landfill.

A while later I found some of the cologne version on eBay cheap and bought it. I've since bought several ounces of the aftershave and decanted it into hot sauce bottles.

Lol, sorry (kinda) for the looooong monologue gents!

The stuff probably ended up in our local landfill.
I'm gonna need a minute...

giphy.gif

IMG_20200828_104203_651.jpg
Authenticity by Authenticity Perfumes. Really fruity on the open. As it dries down it reminds me of WSP Barbershop. This is a very nice, gentlemanly, barbershoppy fragrance. I like it. Also, the company has very reasonable prices.

Back