The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

IMG_8557.jpeg

Parle Moi de Parfum - Orris Tattoo

LOVE it so far! Feels like a modern classic to me. Main notes are Orris (aka Iris root) and Violet.

I was listening to an interview with the owner, Benjamin Almairac. His father, and perfumer behind all of the fragrances is Michel Almiarac. Creator of Dior Fahrenheit, Gucci Pour Homme, and Joop! amongst many others.

He was talking about fragrance lineages, saying that Grey Flannel (my favorite going into young adulthood) gave birth to: Cool Water / Green Irish Tweed / Fahrenheit and that Orris Tattoo is Fahrenheit's sibling. Well it sure fits that lineage, for me very reminiscent of a sexier Grey Flannel. Very much like it and Fahrenheit had a perfume child. Very much feels like a classy powerhouse, which is what I loved about Grey Flannel in the day.

It's not super powerful though, for me that's a good thing, but still has that 80's classic vibe down right.

28 July
Van Cleef & Arpels TSAR EdP

OlnBtGU.jpg

Parle Moi de Parfum - Tomboy Neroli

A fairly standard blue/green freshie. Like all their frags, very well done though. For some reason it makes me think of Terre de Hermes without the vetiver, with a bit of Cool Water mixed in.

Good stuff, I don't tend to go for these types of scents, but I must be changing because I'm really enjoying it, and feels natural on me.

------

Some follow up on yesterday's Orris Tattoo - it was a giant shape shifter, the opening lasted maybe an hour, then if went to a very skin scent, where you catch wiffs here and there throughout the day. The dry down was interesting for me, it was the smell of clean personified. If I didn't know it was a frag, I'd just say it smells like a baby smells. But then every now and then a hint of a dirty vetiver like thing. It lasted a long time, and was the first thing I smelled the am when I woke up and even get it somewhat now.

I liked it, but being so faint, makes it a hard one to buy. I think it'd be a great layering scent, in fact I did that last night, spraying HdP 1725 over it, and found the orris gave it great depth.

Back