The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

I've had the Wild Turkey and the Jim Beam honey(Which is much cheaper) for my wife and with the Honey ones I couldn't taste a difference. Buy the cheapest Honey Bourbon you can find especially if mixing. Not sure how JD compares to JB for price
It's just a bit sweeter to me, but not the same kind of sweetness you get from the grain. I have tried a honey liqueur before called bearenjager or something like that. It tastes just like honey and alchohol.

Side note I picked up a bottle of larceny to try but I'm going to finish off the knob creek first. Think I'm gonna just use the bulleit(?) As a mixer/medicinal bottle. It's just to sweet for me on its own.

I've had the Wild Turkey and the Jim Beam honey(Which is much cheaper) for my wife and with the Honey ones I couldn't taste a difference. Buy the cheapest Honey Bourbon you can find especially if mixing. Not sure how JD compares to JB for price
I've had JB's version of honey, but I can tell a distinct difference between the JD and WT honeys. I prefer WT American Honey hands down. To me it was smoother and had a more natural flavor (if that makes sense). I also drink it straight, so if you're mixing I'll agree that it won't make a difference and you should just buy the cheapest thing available. I follow that rule for all liquor.

I've had JB's version of honey, but I can tell a distinct difference between the JD and WT honeys. I prefer WT American Honey hands down. To me it was smoother and had a more natural flavor (if that makes sense). I also drink it straight, so if you're mixing I'll agree that it won't make a difference and you should just buy the cheapest thing available. I follow that rule for all liquor.
One things for sure. They're heavy on the honey. Cap was getting stiff to screw on and off because of it.

Back