The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Santa Rita Pinot. This is one I actually know I like!

2Ev-nsQcg5fHbMy-HGNjJ2L-A6mjpIvpAl1ThlmwjjL3EA1RFEBQebnscnJKOWMh2cgNj4U2tEyXYDre9-ZbeomMeNip9WUIHyQXHfcg6KthXRI14UMcq_keKBhoIguzOYWA9hZepA2NqBvWpXRP3v9sAzrlojDVisdp839RJBpbwC0jAz22WN1HyyZYQMA9wIiiAB3TCvyPIpn1OyK9IrMlFSIhmdEETCmTPNXjYPmA1R9efucM5cC3jJI9tAPndmpFkeGYROPopWJKTL1d7kdPNl5g7hufQGO7Bmr60O6-pXyLljNdscTNvryF7gA9E7MffBOStfXHiEQxXG2UOTC6zKzGU_47814HypnCDkBVOotMzZYQIXy-HlNr7Eg_654X7AzRejaSgYdOEQyqJsLir1okXsnERSLkSs3ySvrLGOFXHEwx-czMwqf8QHrgJ-pP0vJK1815Q-FU1lJ2Rk3bQ7bW8zyhL7rNbf9O24LT0UDK0ee_kSEk86C5YrKroZ9vl44_v0gQvHxPo7aQFPHt-ZcjZbweCG0CaAUWVFzMXrKo4VNPO-nu9QpWWleFFHnbP-ue50tRuASC4UIMJfse8bcLSXBbLWU4Q5WJ0El_yK3FtwWeRObxSK2IjCE5k3Aub3cCuTWv-NMm5DgFzjPBJv4rgj0=w1124-h844-no

You’re killing me gents!

What’s the top mark now for smoothness? Still Larceny?
For me too mark on smoothness alone would go to Larceny yes. Overall my current favorite with all aspects included is Tin Cup. It isn’t as smooth as Larceny but doesn’t miss it by much and the flavor profile hits my tastebuds better than Woodford. Four Roses is really good stuff too though and if you are making me choose that’s how they play out but in choosing I have to get extremely picky to separate them. I say if it tastes good and is smooth for you then jump on it. A lot of good stuff out there for decent prices. Jim Beam Black is absolutely fabulous bourbon for its price point and is better than some that are twice as expensive.

Well I guess I need to finally pull the trigger on Tin Cup.

It is probably my favorite at the current time. Closely chased by Larceny. Not sure why but something in Woodford flavors I don’t like as much as the other two. But it’s hair splitting differences at that point

I just go with tonic and sometimes throw in a few olives for extra enjoyment. Never had vermouth, but can see the onions adding a nice sweetness.

Back