The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

I am going to start to drink more Red Wine Dave...So I may be taping into your knowledge of the good stuff!
That’s the best thing I’ve read in a long time ? Rumor is that Mr Sharps used to own a wine shop.

Well, I broke down and tried Woodford Reserve. I’m pretty disappointed with it. For the price I paid I expected something much smoother. It’s strong and harsh. I’m much happier with Wild Turkey.

Finished this off last night. Mostly drank this one in a medicinal manner when I had a sore throat or couldn't sleep.

Well, I broke down and tried Woodford Reserve. I’m pretty disappointed with it. For the price I paid I expected something much smoother. It’s strong and harsh. I’m much happier with Wild Turkey.
Sorry to hear your taste buds are all messed up from Hawaiian Barbecue ?, It's my favorite

Yes...I'm going to agree with you again KJ...
1f60e.png

There are a lot people that like Woodford Reserve for the ton of notes it contains and that it is a mature tasting bourbon. I LOVE bourbon. I love Rye also. But I have to agree with you...while I can definitely drink the stuff (and be happy about it) I prefer many other bourbons to this one (and cheaper one's also). The thing with bourbon is that not all aged bourbons get significantly smoother over time. I think Woodford is one of them.

Back