The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

A new Amber Ale from my favorite local brewery. Loving this design on the can and celebrating a great Masters Weekend.

d9b66849f4a86d9c22bc0875e77ed58b.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of the seltzer craze - the few White Claws and Trulys I've tried have been too sweet and not really up my alley.

This JB Highball is pretty good though. Definitely not as sweet. Very refreshing. Would be good on a hot day and at 5% ABV and 105 calories drinks like a beer. Not something I'd grab with a ton of frequency but will keep a few in the fridge during the summer.

a9c14eb6280ee747e37eef189569378c.jpg

Have you had the double oaked? That ones pretty tasty too!
Hey Chris, I have not though I was eyeballing that very bottle today! The rye caught my eye and I hadn’t ever seen a bottle of it so I grabbed the last one on the shelf.

I picked these two bottles up tonight.

I opened the Maker's Mark Cask Strength. This batch is really, really good stuff. There is a ton of vanilla.

I might open the corn whiskey a little later.
IMG_20210420_200254658.jpg

Notice the little feet of Archie in the background.

I opened the Maker's Mark Cask Strength. This batch is really, really good stuff. There is a ton of vanilla.

View attachment 51162

Notice the little feet of Archie in the background.
I've always wanted to try the Mellow Corn but it's hard to find in Utah.

I'm having Old Forester

Love me some Maker's Cask. It used to be priced a little too high for my liking but appears to have come down to a lower everyday price so now it's a staple in my bar. Haven't tried Mellow Corn but it's pretty easy to find nowadays and the price is right. Has a bit of a cult following!

Love me some Maker's Cask. It used to be priced a little too high for my liking but appears to have come down to a lower everyday price so now it's a staple in my bar. Haven't tried Mellow Corn but it's pretty easy to find nowadays and the price is right. Has a bit of a cult following!
I opened the Mellow Corn last night. The "neck pour" was okay, but nothing stellar. Next time I will let it breathe a bit longer before drinking to see if it gets better.

I opened the Mellow Corn last night. The "neck pour" was okay, but nothing stellar. Next time I will let it breathe a bit longer before drinking to see if it gets better.

When you take the $16.99 price point into consideration, does it fare a little better? I was always under the impression it was a one-trick pony but at 100 proof and cheap was able to more than hold its own in that space.

When you take the $16.99 price point into consideration, does it fare a little better? I was always under the impression it was a one-trick pony but at 100 proof and cheap was able to more than hold its own in that space.
I will have to give it another taste, but so far I would take Evan Williams black label or BiB, both of which are about the same price, over Mellow Corn.

Back